COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. The point of going to New Orleans is getting drunk and either showing or seeing boobies.
Like these?

moobs1.jpg

Well, the Orange Bowl is now the site of both our greatest moment (1982) and our most embarrassing moment (last night). Hat's off to WV though, they were obviously much better prepared to play than we were. I'm just glad they took their foot off the gas, I'm pretty sure they could have scored 100 if they wanted to.

^^^

I've never quite understood why the Big East seems to be the punching bag of the AQ conferences...

surprising win last night, I had hope, but Tavon.... wow....

I would guess lately it has more to do with the Big East's inability to keep it conference stable, starting with the VT, BC, and Miami defections, and now Pitt, WV, and Cuse. They haven't really had a "big name" football program in a while, and when programs do step up (Miami, VT, WV), they leave the conference.

Thats just my opinion from the outside looking in. The ACC has been weak in football for a number of years, at least at the top. Probably since FSU had those great teams in the 90's. But they have been stable as a conference (mainly at the expense of the Big East).

I agree that :wv: could have hung 100 if wanted. They called off the dogs after that first drive of the second half, but I'm not sure if it was all because of :wv: or if Clemson's defense was just that far off.

combo of both I think.

Either way, good night to be a Mountaineer.

I think the Big East gets a bad rap because it probably is the lowest AQ conference.

I say that, because they usually don't have a "national condender". However, what alot of people don't recognize is how much parity there is in the conference, making it competive and tough to run the table in.

Any team in the Big East can beat any of the other teams, there is no gimme's. Example, the last place team this year Syracuse beat WVU (the conf. champ).

Of course, I know Iowa State beat Okla State, but at least Iowa State was a bowl team (barely)

Sweet Jebus Chaos, your team shit the bed worse then most ACC teams in the Orange bowl. Where's the shaking head smiley?

I'd love to see the Steelers $hit the bed this weekend, except for the added gasoline which would ultimately get thrown on the Tebowmania fire...

Sweet Jebus Chaos, your team shit the bed worse then most ACC teams in the Orange bowl. Where's the shaking head smiley?
After those three turnovers, I'm pretty sure they said: "Man, if we can get out of here, we can make it to South Beach before the clubs close."

I remember turning on last nights game when the score was 21-17 and Clemson was inside the 5 yard line. I watched the subsequent fumble-TD, then left the game on as I was taking care of things around the house. I switched over to play some Battlefield 3 on PS3 shortly after the Clemson field goal to make it 28-20, and after a while, switched back in time to see it 63-20 sometime in the 3rd. The only thing I remember about the 63-20 timeframe was that the commentators were already discussing the record for most points scored by a single team in a BCS game.

My condolences chaos...

All hell broke loose in the 2nd quarter. You missed the most exciting part Dexman

maybe not so exciting for Clemson fans, but still

Just the BE gets crapped on all year about losing their AQ status, yet come bowl time the ACC always flames out and the BE does decent.

This year BE is 3-1 with Pitt still to play and the ACC is 2-6,

Since the BCS the BE is 7-7 in the BCS bowl games while the ACC is 2-13.

Just the BE gets crapped on all year about losing their AQ status, yet come bowl time the ACC always flames out and the BE does decent.

This year BE is 3-1 with Pitt still to play and the ACC is 2-6,

Since the BCS the BE is 7-7 in the BCS bowl games while the ACC is 2-13.
And of those 7 wins in BCS bowl games how many those winning teams are in or are staying in the Big East Conference?

Back