COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The announcer dropped a "Honeybadger doesn't care" reference

Man what a boring game that was

^^^ :ghey:
I think those carets must have been intended for LSU's offensive line! Or just their entire offense!

First scoreless since 1953, and only 4 plays in Alabama territory. Ahhh, t'was a good night.

And how is LSU still #2 in the polls when OSU had more first place votes and a win over #4?

And the only LSU drive that made it to Alabama territory ended with a fumble at the 50 yard line. That was a pure defensive dismantling.

Oh noez! LSU lost. :Locolaugh:

I don't even care that LSU lost. I didn't even watch the game. I think I watched... maybe... two games all year. The only thing that I have a problem with is the WAY in which LSU lost the game. When you have a goose egg at the half and your offense is stalled, shouldn't a head coach do something different to spur a change? Maybe soon we'll hear what kind of dirt is between Les and Jarrett. Either way, why not put in the 3rd string? Les really does need to be fed a bag of dicks, though.

Obama is on air force 1 enroute to the disaster in New Orleans, FEMA is being dispatched and Ray Naygin is trying to find some school busses to get everyone out of town!

Obama is on air force 1 enroute to the disaster in New Orleans, FEMA is being dispatched and Ray Naygin is trying to find some school busses to get everyone out of town!
Got me with this one. Thought that something bad happened in New Orleans again. Came back to my senses when remembered which thread I was reading. This is going to be remembered as one of the most boring games in the history of BCS. Granted, Alabama put a defensive show, but LSU did nothing to change the course. Did not they have two QBs? Was the other one injured? Because Jefferson looked like he had a hangover.

The QB controversy is a LOOOOONG one for LSU. I don't know the details. In fact, no one knows the details. JJ was involved in an off-campus brawl where he kicked a dude in the head when he was laying on the ground. His trial miraculously made it to and through the courts in record time with ONLY probation. :rolleyes: JL performed the QB role and was fantastic at it for the first games while JJ was suspended. JL throws a couple of interceptions against bama, gets pulled, and replaced by JJ. JJ performs like a gutted duck 90% of the time while playing.

*** Something happened between JL and Les in this time frame. *** JL is calm and collected as he is no longer played and Les doesn't speak much about the QB situation. Strange sh*t behind the scenes. JL only played one play after that and it was to take a knee in the last play of a game.

Unbelievably ( :rolleyes: ), JJ plays for the whole game as if he's constipated, Les never spoke with JL about going in, and people wonder why the game was so lopsided. LM + JJ = man love.

Here are the positives I see about LSU football:

1) 13-1 season with SEC title,

2) JJ will never again play for LSU and, hopefully, will never make it to the NFL,

3) LSU has a commitment from the #1 prospect in the country and he's a QB.

I just wish the game weren't so lopsided. The LSU defense kept them in it, but the LSU offense just looked lost. Hard to believe that team hadn't lost a game before last night.

I just wish the game weren't so lopsided. The LSU defense kept them in it, but the LSU offense just looked lost. Hard to believe that team hadn't lost a game before last night.
:plusone:

I think that LSU's o-line had too much time off over the holidays...they looked overfed and asleep. More reasons to go back to Jan1 or Jan 2 for the championship game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7457227/ncaa-president-mark-emmert-says-back-4-team-bcs-football-playoff

Here's a thought to further expand the 4-team playoff: Why not have the semi-finals be bowl games? Something like the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton, Orange etc, and could rotate every year (Kinda like how the old championship game rotated around). They could still be played on New Year's day, with the winner being played on the first Monday one week later. This way they're not extending the season, and they could still justify having games played into January.

This would only take away 1 bowl game from non-championship teams, but I would see this as an opportunity to help trim some of the fat from the "I need a sponsor.com" Insignificant Bowl series.

Just a thought.

^^^ Read back into old threads, and you will see where I laid out the same scenario for a plus 1

I say rotate the Orange, Fiesta, Sugar, and Rose to host the #1 vs. #4 game and the #2 vs. #3 game.

Then a week and a half later on primetime, the two winners play in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Easy enough.

^^^ I just don't understand why the College football "powers" are fighting this change so much.

We all know the fatty money is made in engineering anyways, why fight over the peanuts?

West Viginia made the Big 12 schedule...looks like they're finally officially in the mix.

Latest posts

Back