The Pet Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Jesus, the MF-in birds are finally gone.  They were in the family room and sometimes get to squackin' so bad that you couldn't even hear the TV.  The new aquarium is going in that spot so they got relocated to the living room.  Noise wasn't as bad, but they were still a PITA.  Only time they were entertaining is when the cat would come down and climb up the side of the cage.

Put the whole shebang on FB messenger and the people just drove off with them and the cage.

So far, so good.  They seem to like the cage and they're getting better outside the cage (they're not tame at all when you bring them home).

View attachment 11890

I’m stunned lol looked like she had a bit in her hahaha my bad 🤗 
You aren't the first one to think that.

She's often called Spuds Mckenzie or the Target dog tho 

Someone once asked if she was a Boston terrier... that one got side eye

Reminds me of this

Natlamp73.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got the new 75g tank set up. Made the background myself so it took longer than I’d like, although I am pretty happy with how it came out. Only a few tetras in there now to get it cycled. After it’s had a chance to percolate for a bit, the cichlids will get moved from the old 36g and then we’ll have to see how the tetras fare. Cichlids can be a-holes so they could end up as food...they could get along and be fine.B6F17798-5A6A-43E4-B3A6-5371CC63E90C.jpeg

Looks nice - I kind of miss my 55g I sold when we moved from Atlanta - are you going to do all cichlids?

Moo helped me with the garden

*moo pic snip*
I see no difference:

sleeping-cow-on-grass-with-buttercups-leighton-hall-yealand-conyers-CR2EHW.jpg

@JayKay PE exactly

She loves to lay out on the stoop or in the middle of the yard in the sun.

I got her doggy sunscreen since her snoot is turning very pink 

Looks nice - I kind of miss my 55g I sold when we moved from Atlanta - are you going to do all cichlids?
I am. South/Central American...for the most part. I found a couple African, Red Zebra and a Red Jewel, that are in there and so far everyone seems to be getting along pretty well. There will also be a couple non-cichlids in there to help keep the tank clean, but they usually get ignored.

Wife saw some figure 8 puffer fish at the fish store that were pretty neat, so the 36g is going to become a brackish tank for 3 or 4 of those.

BOFwcsf8vWTJR4__DMwPPrDxiJA_wn_CzOGmE27QyKqHTFx_AZAhakuO1e-KtVaIffCcLA=s120

@JayKay PE exactly

She loves to lay out on the stoop or in the middle of the yard in the sun.

I got her doggy sunscreen since her snoot is turning very pink 
Awwwwwwwww, that's cute!  I mean, skin caner on the snoot is not, but it's cute that you give her sunscreen!  I wish I had a yard/was renting a house so I could play in the backyard.  I'm still debating getting a cat or not?  I'm not how sure my landlords will react (the wife would be fine but the husband...is very anal about stuff, so it's prob easier to just...not have a pet right now).  Bu then that spirals into the whole thing where I decide if I want to move out and/or stick it out where I am for three years.

I wish my volunteer shift was still going on, but the shelter has been on lock-down/appointment only adoptions, so I might just be in kitty withdrawal right now.

Awwwwwwwww, that's cute!  I mean, skin caner on the snoot is not, but it's cute that you give her sunscreen!  I wish I had a yard/was renting a house so I could play in the backyard.  I'm still debating getting a cat or not?  I'm not how sure my landlords will react (the wife would be fine but the husband...is very anal about stuff, so it's prob easier to just...not have a pet right now).  Bu then that spirals into the whole thing where I decide if I want to move out and/or stick it out where I am for three years.

I wish my volunteer shift was still going on, but the shelter has been on lock-down/appointment only adoptions, so I might just be in kitty withdrawal right now.
I havent put the sunscreen on her yet. I need to start. I ordered online last week and it arrived at the end of the week. 

Theres a pic in my IG story of her sleeping, pink snoot before our run this morning.

She runs but doesn't really seem to care for it? idk

Got everyone moved over from to the new tank and everyone seems to be getting along fine. It’s tempting to get more to help fill it up a little more but I have to keep reminding myself that several of them with be 6-8” once they’re grown.

25A89412-12AE-43D7-853E-CDDEA7D7EECA.jpeg

So Frankie has been settling in okay. He gets along fine with Claude, but Chloe still gets overexcited and chases him. The other day I discovered that Chloe is the worst watchdog in the world...that’s her in the chair.

9100522B-E86C-4ACF-935E-BE2E7022F0F7.jpeg

Dang!  That must weigh, like, 100 lbf.  You do it by yourself?  Did you drain the water first?
Made the background out of pink foam board and Quikrete. The 36g is still in the other room with a few fish in it while we decide what to do with it. This one was new so I got it in place and got the background and sand in it before filling it. Definitely not moving now. 

Back