Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know right.... it’s not my fault they have huge windows and no curtains....

Wasn’t really looking - It reminds me of my first apartment until we found an old conduit spool to use as a coffee table...

And they are not super young.... mid 30’a at least ? But Indian so maybe they don’t do furniture

I could Google it, but there's no fun in that.

What's a skinwalker?
Evil people who are able to change from human to animal using their skin/pelts via evil magic (usually).

Would explain why the door is open all the time.  Can't open doors once you change into a wolf.  No thumbs.

I wasn't sure if this should go in the Baking Thread or not, so I picked Random Topics as a safe alternative.

Can anyone explain WTF my phone's ringer volume always increases whenever I get a notification (email, text, etc...)?  Driving me nucking futs.  Started after the "upgrade" from ios 12 to 13.3 (iphone 7, btw).

My coworker lost all her files because she didn't back them up?  And she's complaining about it, and I'm like...you didn't back up your files?  How is this my problem? And she's like, throwing a mini-temper tantrum?  Idk.  It's really childish and I get it, it's upsetting to lose your files, but she should have also backed it up when they said to (like a month ago due to our system getting upgraded).

@Master slacker, The volume control in Control Center is for music and voice. The volume control at the top of Settings > Sounds & Haptics controls the sounds. I tend to use the "slide up and adjust" from the main page to adjust my volume, but then kept having an ultra loud morning alarm noise.  Maybe that will help?

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a home office chair, that won't break the bank? I'm looking for something with adjustable seat height and maybe adjustable arm rests... I'm not trying to spend thousands of dollars on a stupid desk chair!

Mine is from Sam's Club or BJs circa 2009 ish? I think it was like 80$. Pretty comfy

The parking lot at Home depot isn't known for having huge parking spaces, but it was mostly empty. So, when this jackwad from Idaho did this to me, I'm going to broadcast it as far and wide as my influence allows. I literally had to crawl in from the passenger side.  Anyone feel like doxxing?

20200328_174331.jpg

20200328_174320.jpg

You got lucky that you could still get in your car and didn't have an similar jackass on the other side. Then you would have had to crawl in from the back!

Always carry a tow strap or chain and be prepared to use it to drag their cars somewhere fun.

I wish I took a photo of the crew who put a car into the cart corral, then filled it with carts! (car barely cleared the side pipes)

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a home office chair, that won't break the bank? I'm looking for something with adjustable seat height and maybe adjustable arm rests... I'm not trying to spend thousands of dollars on a stupid desk chair!
Our office allowed people to take their desk chair if needed. See if you office will allow.

I've been looking at this one, which is surprisingly similar in design to the Herman Millers at work, just with crappier fabric.  My sticking point with chairs is adjustable lumbar, which this one has.

https://www.amazon.com/Duramont-Ergonomic-Adjustable-Support-Rollerblade/dp/B0797HZ8W1/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=officemator-20&linkId=12565bd387eea4716484d75117b39a77&language=en_US

Back