Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am doing a thing with Google this month - so far I am not a fan but going to see it out - not sure why they cant keep from covering up the reply box - Ive submitted a few hundred error reports, but google is the China of customer service (doesnt exist)

I am doing a thing with Google this month - so far I am not a fan but going to see it out - not sure why they cant keep from covering up the reply box - Ive submitted a few hundred error reports, but google is the China of customer service (doesnt exist)
but, but, Google Sucks!

indeed the do, indeed they do.. its weird they have been nagging me to try this so there must be something in it for them..

I dislike the full-page ads I get when using a phone. Were donations not enough to keep the site up and running?

Last edited by a moderator:
pics? ;)

I dont care if you install an adblocker - and I appreciate you all putting up with this for a short time - if they cant get the ads to reduce and stop covering content this will defin be short lived - I am trying to find a way to have the google ads only show to people viewing the forum who are not members - but my day job is getting in the way.. its not huge revenue so right now its not worth it but wanted to see how it plays out..

pics? ;)

I dont care if you install an adblocker - and I appreciate you all putting up with this for a short time - if they cant get the ads to reduce and stop covering content this will defin be short lived - I am trying to find a way to have the google ads only show to people viewing the forum who are not members - but my day job is getting in the way.. its not huge revenue so right now its not worth it but wanted to see how it plays out..
That thing that's weird is that I'm not getting any ads (except the usual PE-related ones that were always there) when I'm on my desktop/normal web browser on my computer, but the minute I switch to my mobile I'm getting all the ads.  Not sure if that might be causing some of the errors?  

AND HOW DARE YOU DON'T PUT EB FIRST BEFORE YOUR JOB.  GOD.  WAY TO NOT BE DEDICATED.  (jk, jk)

That thing that's weird is that I'm not getting any ads (except the usual PE-related ones that were always there) when I'm on my desktop/normal web browser on my computer, but the minute I switch to my mobile I'm getting all the ads.  Not sure if that might be causing some of the errors?  

AND HOW DARE YOU DON'T PUT EB FIRST BEFORE YOUR JOB.  GOD.  WAY TO NOT BE DEDICATED.  (jk, jk)
For me, the number & placement of ads vary. I mostly access on my computer right now (because I don't like having to tag all of the people in maf on my phone lol).

Sometimes, I have as many ads as @Chattaneer PE showed on mobile plus one covering the reply box. Sometimes, I have 3 ads and none covering the reply box. And then when I'm on my phone, I have the same number that Chatt showed - on mobile, it's only the banner ad at the top that's annoying. 

have you tried using tapalk?  I never look at the web browser (but I guess I should so I can see how ugly it is) - but it is almost ad free -

Is someone going to be chasing you?
This used to be the only way I could motivate myself to run.

I used to get prepared in my running clothes and then go out in public, to like a grocery store or shopping mall. I would hang around until I spotted a man that I knew I could outrun. I would approach him, slap him, then take off running. A chase would ensue, and it really kept me motivated. It worked for a while and I was getting my miles in regularly.

But I no longer do that. It only took one time to underestimate the speed of someone.

and weird, I have a conf call with the google set up for Thursday - maybe they are getting a little better with customer service...

Back