Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm enjoying it.

I save an extra ~1 hr of commuting. I start work at 6:30, finish around 2:30 (unless a meeting is scheduled), it's nice meetings don't have the extra fluff of chit chat before & after. I'm also getting a lot more done since I feel the need to actually work for 8 hours instead of just being at work for 8 hours.

My resting heartrate is lower because I dont have to deal with IB, the one who clips her nails, or Lazy Engr (who can't hide his facial expressions which I do find amusing)

Haven't worn real pants or a real bra to work in 2 days. Tho I do plan to wear jeans "to work". Even tho a higher up is trying to dictate that we don't 😂

I avoid real bras whenever possible. And tbh, my dress pants are essentially yoga pants but thicker and from NY&Co

*wears dresses as much as possible at work because I am lazy*

@LyceeFruit PE, I am so happy you got away from IB and the rest!  Whereas I am still stuck here...listening to my boomer co-worker across the hall complain about how their flight on 3/20 to Florence was redirected to Brussels.  She scoffed when I said that might be because Italy had closed all their borders and Britain had closed a majority of airports to funnel travelers into one location for screening.  She was also 'put out' at the fact that she had to wait many hours to get a representative from United.  You know.  Not like everyone else is cancelling.  And she won't get her money back, but she'll get to rebook until December of this year for another flight.

I wanted to be like, "You didn't book directly through United.  You booked through cheapo air or something like that.  They technically don't need to help you or refund anything since you went through a third-party!  Stop being so bitter about this!"

*wears dresses as much as possible at work because I am lazy*

@LyceeFruit PE, I am so happy you got away from IB and the rest!  Whereas I am still stuck here...listening to my boomer co-worker across the hall complain about how their flight on 3/20 to Florence was redirected to Brussels.  She scoffed when I said that might be because Italy had closed all their borders and Britain had closed a majority of airports to funnel travelers into one location for screening.  She was also 'put out' at the fact that she had to wait many hours to get a representative from United.  You know.  Not like everyone else is cancelling.  And she won't get her money back, but she'll get to rebook until December of this year for another flight.

I wanted to be like, "You didn't book directly through United.  You booked through cheapo air or something like that.  They technically don't need to help you or refund anything since you went through a third-party!  Stop being so bitter about this!"
Only kind of away. He still managed to feck up one of my drawings. And while I'm WFH, I'll have to do my re-work on my 3 projects he fecked up.

We're using MS teams and I always turn off the camera and mute my mic.

I try to get up at a usual go-to-work hour (6-7 AM), workout, shower, get dressed and then hop on line while having breakfast.

I'm definitely busier than if I was in the office. It seems like people are more likely to schedule meetings back to back because there isn't any travel time to and from meetings. So I hardly ever get a break! Just click on a link, sit there for an hour, hang up, click on another link...for 6-7 hours. :(

Was told to change my default office photo. Guess the powers that be don't think my self portrait from the mine (wearing all PPE, including full face respirator) was appropriate in the current COVID-19 climate.

Back to random topics, first day of spring was today. The weather got quite warm, up around 75°F+. That was a quick change from the past few weeks where it's been highs in the 50s.

I think it's about time to spray for bugs in the yard.

PA approved my application so now I'm a PE in 2.5 states!

OH's temp license is the half lol 

So to use my OH temp license, I seal with my original license and have to add this big ass disclaimer to it with the expiration date of the temp license.

I sent it to the guy who told me to get my OH license and he's like "well that's different"

Back