Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp. Off to a video interview. It's interesting as they have me scheduled to interview with individual people, 1-on-1, for 30 minutes each. Then a 30 minute interview with a group of people at the end. It's scheduled for a total of 3.5hr.

I sat in on some video interviews last week (for some new hires) and I told our HR folks we should do that in lui of first time interviewing for many positions, to me it saves everyone time on both sides- 

I sat in on some video interviews last week (for some new hires) and I told our HR folks we should do that in lui of first time interviewing for many positions, to me it saves everyone time on both sides- 
haha lol.  you meant "in loo".  roflcopter

so-let-it-zmyq6p.jpg

so & I usually dont make summer plans so I feel like I am the reason for this virus BS :(

However...  this year for whatever reason we lined up tix to GNR, Kenney Chesney and I think REO Speedwagon at Red Rocks, and my daughter spent way too much $$ on  My Chemical Romance tix - But it sounds like Ticketmaster is revising there policy and force you to either attend the rescheduled show or lose your money, whereas you used to get an out if you have a conflict.

At this point Id rather they just cancel versus reschedule as Id probably pass on going in 2020  - anyone else more versed in "doing fun stuff" than I am in regard to ticketmaster?  

after this I will go back to just not scheduling anything in advance!

So far PeeWee Herman was rescheduled (supposed to be March 28) and I just got notice that Alice Cooper 16 June has been cancelled.  Bon Jovi July 16 is unknown, Motley Crue at Fenway aug 25 is unknown.  I haven’t done anything with tix yet.  Luckily the peewee tix weren’t very expensive.  I believe tm is refunding the credit card used for purchase for the Alice tix.

SOP if the event isn’t cancelled is no refunds.  I don’t know if they’ll have any changes to that policy for the covid.  I expect not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like sporting events aren't refunding either.  MLB usually allows a ticket swap if the game is cancelled but right now all their games are postponed until who knows when.

As for TIcketmaster, I expect a class action lawsuit to come out of this one.  Which will make the lawyers rich and you'll probably get like $20.

I'm happy I replaced my newly pierced CBRs with straight barbells.  I think they'll heal way quicker/my ears don't hurt as much even after all the pain and frustration I had fucking with them over the weekend, even with the minor surgery from one semi-closing.  I think I'm just going to buy a bunch of internally threaded barbells for my other holes and just use those.  Going to have to measure a little bit tonight to confirm lengths, but I def think I'm going to do a 3mm ball with maybe a 5/16" length.

Either way.  Titanium all the way.

I'm happy I replaced my newly pierced CBRs with straight barbells.  I think they'll heal way quicker/my ears don't hurt as much even after all the pain and frustration I had fucking with them over the weekend, even with the minor surgery from one semi-closing.  I think I'm just going to buy a bunch of internally threaded barbells for my other holes and just use those.  Going to have to measure a little bit tonight to confirm lengths, but I def think I'm going to do a 3mm ball with maybe a 5/16" length.

Either way.  Titanium all the way.
I'm not sure where to start with this...

Back