P-E's Beer Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy IPA day!!  Having a Hill Farmstead Abner to celebrate. 

Will be giving Joe's IPA from 10 Barrel Brewing a shot tonight.  I've not had much luck with IPA's lately.  None anywhere near hoppy/citrusy enough for my liking.

you NC folks need to check out the New Belgium brewery tour when its open in Ashville, totally worth the drive (myself I think the rest of Ashville is fairly overrated)

Supe have you had their citradellic? I am not normally into fruity beers but this one is terrific IMO!

I have.  It's not bad.  I'll drink a Fat Tire every now and then, but am not a fan of most of their other beers.  I thought Voodoo Ranger IPA sucked donkey balls.

Its a little bitter, but I like that voodoo is strong. You must like the extra hoppy stuff?

There tour is still fun if you like beer, hands down its better than any others out there..

Hops, pine, citrus.  None of this malty bullshit disguised as an IPA!

I found a new tasty brew in our local national behemoth grocery store:  Uinta - West Coast IPA.  It was alright, pretty good, not bad.

I went into this particular chain because it's been selling Oskar Blues G'Knight (it used to be called Gordon's Imperial Stout, but the Gordons vodka people sued, so they unfortunately had to change the cool name to a stupid one) for about $8.49 a sixpack.  Seriously underpriced, where every other craft beer, even the crappy ones, go for $9.99 or more.  Oskar Blues Gordon Imperial is quite simply the gnarliest beer in a can, ever.  So rich and meaty, like chewing a big ball of caramel awesomeness.  I highly recommend it.

We have a new co-op and today when we started talking beer amongst me & my work brew-buddy, she says "Ever tried Lienenkugel?  I like that."

Wolverine be like:
wtf1.gif

'Ah, yeah, Lienenkugels is good..."

Last edited by a moderator:
We were able to get Leinenkugel for $8 a case - yes that's 24 beers -  for a period of time when I was in college ($7 if you counted the $1 deposit on the bottles).  I still have fond memories of my last semester of mech eng., pounding Leinies on a dirty couch, listening to The Butthole Surfers while playing "Auto Racing" on an old Mattel Intellivision with my roommates.  

Of the uber-cheap beers (Meister Brau, Schaeffer, Milwaukee' s Beast) it was by far the best. But I certainly don't think I'd go out of my way to drink it now.  

Last edited by a moderator:
i still have a soft spot for leinies summer shandy. call it nostalgia. but that shit's good.

our neighborhood had a party a few Fridays ago and I think as the free (good) beer disappeared I may have had a miller genuine draft - not sure who actually bought that (I didn't know they even really made it anymore) it was pretty terrible and not as good as I remember drinking it after football practice in 10th grade..

i still have a soft spot for leinies summer shandy. call it nostalgia. but that shit's good.
They were good after a long day of yard work or when Mrs Dex and I would go to her Volleyball tourneys in the park. I prefer Stouts with dinner and when hanging out but they're too heavy after spending a ton of time out in the sun.

We have a new co-op and today when we started talking beer amongst me & my work brew-buddy, she says "Ever tried Lienenkugel?  I like that."

Wolverine be like: 

'Ah, yeah, Lienenkugels is good..."
Bite your tongue sir! You let me know when you make it to Brew City and I'll show you some GOOD Leinie's beer complete with a tour of the brewery. :thumbs:

We were able to get Leinenkugel for $8 a case - yes that's 24 beers -  for a period of time when I was in college ($7 if you counted the $1 deposit on the bottles).  I still have fond memories of my last semester of mech eng., pounding Leinies on a dirty couch, listening to The Butthole Surfers while playing "Auto Racing" on an old Mattel Intellivision with my roommates.  

Of the uber-cheap beers (Meister Brau, Schaeffer, Milwaukee' s Beast) it was by far the best. But I certainly don't think I'd go out of my way to drink it now.  
I remember Meister brau from college.   It might be the worst beer I've ever had, and I've had some bad beer.   I gag thinking about it. 

Back