P-E's Beer Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is a pretty cool place Dleg with some good beers.  i think you would like the short days golden ale.

Mini is sick so scratching most of the weekend plans except this:

29D198C2-B1F7-4CDC-9457-F08F8A6BD144.jpeg

54539449.jpg

it is just a name. I wish there was a lightweight backpacking beer. 

LordHobo-freebird.jpg

New one from LH.  I drank a few of these over the weekend.

Just dump some beers in your CamelBak. Good to go. 
its been a while since i tried that.  when i did it didn't work that well with the carbonation, it went flat.  so i usually only put schnapps in it.

We used to do a Hashing beer competition we called "Beer Factor" - usually 4 beer drinking challenges scattered along a 2-3 mile trail, and participants split into teams of 4-6.  One event we did one year was the "camel race" where we put about 6 beers in a camelback. One team member ran around the track (a motocross track, so some really steep, short sections) while the others ran alongside him/her and drank from the camelback. If they made it to the finish line without finishing all the beer, they had to go around the track again. 

It really didn't work all that well, and we only did it one year.

We ended up trying out at least a dozen different events, but there were really only a few that came back every year (and I can take credit as one of the prime inventors!). I can heartily recommend these for any beer drinking party (I might be getting a little old for these):

- Beerkake: one team member holds one of those big pool plunger-type water canons between their leg, like a large penis, filled with about 2-3 beers. Another team member "aims" from the front while another team member (the "prostate") pushes in the plunger from behind, and the fourth team member is on their knees about 6 feet away, trying to catch as much beer as possible in their mouth. The fifth team member stands near the catcher with an empty cup - the catcher spits what he/she is able to catch into the cup. The winner has the most beer. Usually this was just a few ounces, the rest ends up all over the catcher's face (hence the name). Very funny to watch and surprisingly difficult.

- Doody!  : Using the Hash "sacred vessel" (stainless steel bedpan), the team would have to drink 4 beers and consume one Baby Ruth Bar, floating in the vessel, without touching the doody with their hands and without setting the vessel down on the ground (which is a major infraction, Beer Factor or not!). The doody is surprisingly tough to get ahold of and to eat very fast - so winning teams will usually transfer bites of it to each other with their mouths.

- Sacred Cow: A beer-filled surgical glove is hung beneath a team member while the other team members "nurse" and transfer what they collect with their mouths to a cup.  Always entertaining - the glove usually pops, but good skills can prevent that.

Some failed events:

- Camel races: just too difficult to coordinate, judge, and not all that much fun.

- Bobbing for tampons: a few beers and red food coloring in a bowl, with saturated tampons that contestants must remove with their teeth and suck the beer out of. One guy (lawyer) threatened to so me if he got toxic shock (he was serious) and another actually puked from the psychological shock and horror.

- Doggie Style: making contestants wear a dog collar and leash, perform some sort of dog obstacle course, and then drinking a couple of beers from a dog bowl, on the ground like a dog, without touching it. Just too difficult, and the photos were more embarrassing than usual.

- Abu Grab: I can't remember all the details of this one, but we made a pointy black hood, just like the ones in the Abu Ghraib prisoner photos, and made the hooded person search for a beer hidden on the body of a team member, and then somebody chugged it. There was a little too much me-too groping involved, and the photos from that event probably prevented at least a dozen political careers (and resulted in a sexual harassment complaint against someone I knew just for viewing the pictures at work.

We used to do a Hashing beer competition we called "Beer Factor" - usually 4 beer drinking challenges scattered along a 2-3 mile trail, and participants split into teams of 4-6.  One event we did one year was the "camel race" where we put about 6 beers in a camelback. One team member ran around the track (a motocross track, so some really steep, short sections) while the others ran alongside him/her and drank from the camelback. If they made it to the finish line without finishing all the beer, they had to go around the track again. 

It really didn't work all that well, and we only did it one year.

We ended up trying out at least a dozen different events, but there were really only a few that came back every year (and I can take credit as one of the prime inventors!). I can heartily recommend these for any beer drinking party (I might be getting a little old for these):

- Beerkake: one team member holds one of those big pool plunger-type water canons between their leg, like a large penis, filled with about 2-3 beers. Another team member "aims" from the front while another team member (the "prostate") pushes in the plunger from behind, and the fourth team member is on their knees about 6 feet away, trying to catch as much beer as possible in their mouth. The fifth team member stands near the catcher with an empty cup - the catcher spits what he/she is able to catch into the cup. The winner has the most beer. Usually this was just a few ounces, the rest ends up all over the catcher's face (hence the name). Very funny to watch and surprisingly difficult.

- Doody!  : Using the Hash "sacred vessel" (stainless steel bedpan), the team would have to drink 4 beers and consume one Baby Ruth Bar, floating in the vessel, without touching the doody with their hands and without setting the vessel down on the ground (which is a major infraction, Beer Factor or not!). The doody is surprisingly tough to get ahold of and to eat very fast - so winning teams will usually transfer bites of it to each other with their mouths.

- Sacred Cow: A beer-filled surgical glove is hung beneath a team member while the other team members "nurse" and transfer what they collect with their mouths to a cup.  Always entertaining - the glove usually pops, but good skills can prevent that.

Some failed events:

- Camel races: just too difficult to coordinate, judge, and not all that much fun.

- Bobbing for tampons: a few beers and red food coloring in a bowl, with saturated tampons that contestants must remove with their teeth and suck the beer out of. One guy (lawyer) threatened to so me if he got toxic shock (he was serious) and another actually puked from the psychological shock and horror.

- Doggie Style: making contestants wear a dog collar and leash, perform some sort of dog obstacle course, and then drinking a couple of beers from a dog bowl, on the ground like a dog, without touching it. Just too difficult, and the photos were more embarrassing than usual.

- Abu Grab: I can't remember all the details of this one, but we made a pointy black hood, just like the ones in the Abu Ghraib prisoner photos, and made the hooded person search for a beer hidden on the body of a team member, and then somebody chugged it. There was a little too much me-too groping involved, and the photos from that event probably prevented at least a dozen political careers (and resulted in a sexual harassment complaint against someone I knew just for viewing the pictures at work.
Yup seen a lot of odd s@it at the hash.  Last night everyone ran with panties over their shorts for the ‘in da panties hash’.  Lots of wtf looks. 

Drinking a stout from alchemist (heady topper guys) called luscious.  Great beer!  Happy 4th!

Back