NJ OCT 2013 RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? Well I hope that they all went out yesterday. Strange because I have a friend who lives in newark and he didn't receive anything yet.

All NJ licenses are renewed at the same time, at the end of April every 2 years (I think). I believe the amount is prorated based on when yours starts. I'm pretty sure mine was around $80 and I got it in September/October time frame. Also, realize that NJ doesn't allow ink stamps. They still use the embossing stamps. I didn't receive those instruction until well after I got my license.

That's right. My coworker informed me of the same thing. Also said that CE courses begin 2 years after license is activated. So if license was activated in December of 2013, then technically 2013 is the first year and CE courses would be required starting in 2015. And waiting to activate it until April you could delay it all by an extra year.

i called the board cause somebody in my office got the form already, said they are working on them and will be mailing them out next 7-10 working days. I haven't gotten anything yet

That's right. My coworker informed me of the same thing. Also said that CE courses begin 2 years after license is activated. So if license was activated in December of 2013, then technically 2013 is the first year and CE courses would be required starting in 2015. And waiting to activate it until April you could delay it all by an extra year.

Mike - i do not believe that is quite right. check out the nj board link below

http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/pels/pelsnotice2.pdf

i believe the law states that anyone who recieves licensure does not have to complete CEU credits within the biennial review period in which they were licensed. So for anyone who has been licensed within the 2012-2014 period, they wouldnt have to start the credits until the 2014-2016 period. so it could very well be two years if you were licensed in the beginning of the biennial period. But for someone like me who got licensed in the summer, i will have to start to obtain credits starting in 2014.

i called the board cause somebody in my office got the form already, said they are working on them and will be mailing them out next 7-10 working days. I haven't gotten anything yet
it amazes me that this isn't more efficient. If the scores are validated in some database (like we waited for the PCS to complete) then it seems that the logically said database should have an indicator next to each candidate's name that they are eligible to receive the letter. I have seen the letter. It's nothing personalized, very much a standard letter. Maybe I am missing something regarding the process.

In any event, just a rant. In the end it shows up when it does. I am just amazed that this whole process isn't more streamlined, but that is the government for you.

Nothing through the weekend. My last name begins with F, I have a friend who recently passed who's last name also begins with F. He has not received anything either. I assume the dgoldberg010 is in the Gs. I guess we will all receive it at the same time. What do you want to bet we have someone assigned to our letter grouping who is just using the remainder of the PTO days before they are lost for the year...

Yeah my last name starts with G. I haven't gotten anything either. Guess it's running into January.

The way the state works is definitely strange. My last name starts with S and I got my letter on 12-20. Still no change on the license lookup page though.

Latest posts

Back