NJ OCT 2013 RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just called. Mine, as well as a fellow candidate in the same last name grouping have had the letters mailed. My friends letter was mailed to an incorrect address (I have no clue how they did that but whatever). I confirmed my address and was told it was mailed on Monday. So depending on the mail maybe today, otherwise Thursday.

My letter finally came. amazing. It took them 22 days from the day that I was notified that I passed to the day the letter arrived, and it took me 22 seconds to fill out the application. Whatever, almost there.

nice, did you do the 80 dollar option or the 40. It was kind of confusing but I did the 80 just so I didn't have to think about it till 2016. I figure if they don't issue the license till april no big deal. been waiting forever anyway.

I paid 40. My company typically pays all licensing gees but because I am home with the family and #3 this week, I just decided to pay it and have if sent overnight to expedite the process. They can pay the renewal

yeah my company does the same but I figured no continuing education till 2016 sounded nice. not sure how that would work if I got the license issued this cycle.

I'm not sure either. I just enrolled to two separate online courses. Up to 12 credits can be carried over.

grad school is too expensive and nobody in consulting engineering cares if an electrical guy has a masters. if it was cheaper I'd do it just for the learning experience. also there are very few power programs in new jersey

grad school is too expensive and nobody in consulting engineering cares if an electrical guy has a masters. if it was cheaper I'd do it just for the learning experience. also there are very few power programs in new jersey
Typically your work will pay for that (though not in my case). And that may be the case in your neck of the woods. But I can attest it certainly is not in the mid-west. It is highly valued especially in the EPC consulting world. For manufacturing, not so much. And it also sets you aside (as does having a PE) from the undergrad masses all applying for the same position. At least for the senior level positions that's been my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
commercial construction industry they just want somebody to stamp there plans so they can get permits. around here they value experience more than education. it's basically mcdonald's engineering. they want the plans/burger for as cheaply and quickly as possible.

it's quite sad really.

Back