Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, I don't think the MWGA guy is someone I'd have a beer with at all. 

Have you considered wearing bike gloves for those long rower sessions? My callouses got annihilated due to my COVacation from the gym and extreme hand sanitizer use. 

So what happened with your back?  I just thought your part of town hadnt opened up gyms again?
My main gym is in SC which is open with limitations.  When I was training for my competition that got cancelled, I aggravated something bigtime.  I just woke up the next day and couldn't walk.  It took about 2 1/2 weeks to be able to walk without hobbling, and even then was extremely uncomfortable walking or standing until about Thanksgiving.  So something must have been pressing on a nerve(s).  I tried getting a massage from someone different since my usual lady isn't back to work yet, but it didn't help one bit.  I'm going light weight/high volume for a while until I get some base strength back, with extra warmups and core/ab movements.  

damn that sucks - sorry I hadnt paid attention - hope it gets to feeling better

do some V ups those will do the trick ;)  for core work!

the MWGA guy -  I listened to some of his podcast and he is just annoying - I cant get his Ohio accent out of my mind whenever I see his posts, a few are funny but I thought he reveled too much in the anti greg glassman stuff - he was encouraging people to de affiliate  then now he wants to sell crossfit t shirts and socks now that the ship has been righted?  - I also dont care for his angst against Dave Castro, Id really like to see Castro (Former Navy Seal) kick the shit out of him..

& I should have thrown some bike gloves in my gym bag - now I will be wearing them for a while - I actually skipped today there is so much raw skin :(  

Kids had Junior Nordics on Sunday so I got to ski for an hour. Was about zero degrees out so I was classic skiing. I hate classic kick so I worked on a lot of double poling. my abs, lats and triceps are sore today. 

5am training:

5,3,max reps squats at 80%
5x5 bench at 67.5%
1-arm db rows 3x10 85lbs

rdl 3x10 185lbs

PM workout: 5k ski while Junior was at biathlon

2A9B6D0D-D126-44AF-A652-8FF70C2820B2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone posted the weight limit for that thing on Facebook.  Good thing you ordered three, RG, because even you would need to use at least one under each cheek.  

I mean because just doing an air squat is hard? I couldn’t really see the point in this (unless you are 80)?

Does anyone have a plyo-box for home use?  Been looking at them (yes, I know I could build one, but Amazon will bring it tomorrow without a trip to Lowe's) online...I have a chair, but I really want a couple of different heights and something that's non-skid.

I made one and yes it was a PIA to be honest..

Dicks sells some too if you want to go look at theres - amazon is probably cheaper - I think all of them should be easy to slip and bust your shins on ;)  thats part of the experience

The one I made one  is 18,20,24 IN - but the 24 IN is a little narrow, so if I was going to buy or build one again I would defin get the one tha is 20/24/30 IN -

globogym.jpg

The "Rogue" boxes were actually platforms I made so the wife could reach the pull up bar in the gargae- we used them for some box jumps during the gym shut downs but they started to wobble so thats why I made the "Globo Gym" one

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a soft ply box, all the Titan fitness soft/foam products are really good.  I know a lot of people who love their crash pads, too.  

Latest posts

Back