New Member; Old Engineer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCGrimsh

Reaction score
Hello all. I graduated from engineering school in August 1975 and started working as an EIT in September of that year. I took my PE exam in Georgia and got my license in 1980. For the past 15 years, I've specialized in forensic investigations. As much as I enjoy the work and the people, I've decided it's time to step down and enjoy other things. So I will retire at the end of February next year, giving me nearly 50 years of experience. So if anyone wants to talk with an old man with an engineering license about anything at all, you are welcome to get in touch. I would be honored to start a conversation. I've never been the smartest guy in the room, but I've learned a thing or two and some of it might just be helpful.

- Rich

Congrats on such illustrious career. I bet you must have lots of stories to tell in forensic engineering. What is your plan for the next chapter in life? I hope to follow your footsteps in a few years!

Congratulations on getting your RE (Retired Engineer) license. Not sure if I'll ever get that one. Hope you can avoid the DE (Deceased Engineer) license for a while.

Back