Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they should give you credit for 10 lbs + 1 mile or something?

I wasnt going to do the rowing thing (on top of our normal workouts) but there is a prize so now I need to find like 5 hours to do 10K but Its been hard to find the time to get in there just for that I in addition to working out)

ROMWOD is a subscription service that streams daily routines that are supposed to increase your range of motion. It is basically yin yoga repackaged to appeal to crossfitters. I like it because I don’t have to think about it. I just do the daily routines, otherwise I would cherry pick and only stretch what I want to. What is also nice is a lot of the folks doing the routines  on the video vary in their ability. Sometimes I am more flexible than the folks demoing the routine! When I first started doing ROMWOD three years ago all the routines were about 25 mins long. Since I started back a month ago it seems all the routines are about 15 mins.  
So today the gym offered a ROMWOD session and holy crap do I probably need to do that more. It helped that the group that showed up is as sarcastic as me and we laughed through a lot of it. The routine started with a FIVE MINUTE forward fold. By the end I was palms down on the ground, which was impressive. 

trying to get around 30K rowing miles in before 12/31 to wrap up this stupid 100K rowing "challenge" - Ive been cranking out 13-15K on sundays during open gym but lots of other folks doing the same - thought I would be slick and go over to Chuze Fitness (sort of a planet fitness type) since I only have one Sunday left to do that

They advertise $9.99 a month - thought that wouldnt be a bad way to knock this thing out - so I go in and ask, well thats if you sign up for a 2 year plan..

Then its $15.95 /  month  "no contract" - okay Ill do that, so I slide a $20 across the counter, 0h no you have to sign up with direct bank draft to get that rate..

$55 was the monthly rate to pay month to month "Cash" without some sort of trap to get you to forget to cancel your membership and get billed again..

So now I am just going to try and get a little before and after gym if there is time - fucking annoying..

Last edited by a moderator:
trying to get around 30K rowing miles in before 12/31 to wrap up this stupid 100K rowing "challenge" - Ive been cranking out 13-15K on sundays during open gym but lots of other folks doing the same - thought I would be slick and go over to Chuze Fitness (sort of a planet fitness type) since I only have one Sunday left to do that

They advertise $9.99 a month - thought that wouldnt be a bad way to knock this thing out - so I go in and ask, well thats if you sign up for a 2 year plan..

Then its $15.95 /  month  "no contract" - okay Ill do that, so I slide a $20 across the counter, 0h no you have to sign up with direct bank draft to get that rate..

$55 was the monthly rate to pay month to month "Cash" without some sort of trap to get you to forget to cancel your membership and get billed again..

So now I am just going to try and get a little before and after gym if there is time - fucking annoying..
My gym has open gym every day and I think it's a $15 drop-in. Driving north for 90 miles has got to be equivalent to taking US 36 anywhere. Take the back route that drops you near Longmont. 

I think the prize is a shirt so  unlike my teenage years my level of committment for a t-shirt is not very high :D

But its weird ours is basically shut from 10:30 - 4:30 ( break in between classes) they dont appear to do a lot of personal training so Id love for some of those times to be open for this dumb rowing.

whats really sad is our office building has a a huge workout suite in the basement which is mostly cardio equipment ( when our little canadians were here they were on it like white on rice) , but it has 20 of those concept 2 rowers going un-used because they are re doing the basement and the took away our access :(  - be like can I just sneak one of those out for a few weeks?

I think the prize is a shirt so  unlike my teenage years my level of committment for a t-shirt is not very high :D

But its weird ours is basically shut from 10:30 - 4:30 ( break in between classes) they dont appear to do a lot of personal training so Id love for some of those times to be open for this dumb rowing.

whats really sad is our office building has a a huge workout suite in the basement which is mostly cardio equipment ( when our little canadians were here they were on it like white on rice) , but it has 20 of those concept 2 rowers going un-used because they are re doing the basement and the took away our access :(  - be like can I just sneak one of those out for a few weeks?
They split in half for easy transport! 

I just started(two sessions in) attending our local nordic ski club interval training, holy crap it is kicking my ass. It is supposed to be be for intermediate and beginner fitness level, I think the class is full of advanced skiers who are afraid of taking the advanced class. i keep telling myself when someone passes me "oh yeah, they can't deadlift a ford focus"

I was told this is the proper place for this stuff >> cough cough @csb <<

Flat Bench
1x20 135
2x10 225
1x5 275
1x3 300
1x1 325

Incline Bench
1x20 135
3x10 185
1x5 225

Flat dumb bell press
4x30 75

Bent over row
1x20 135
2x10 185
1x10 225

Auxiliary back work

Squat
8x10 135

Seated leg press
4x10 720

Barbell curl
8x10 60

Dumbbell curl
10x15 35

Hammer curl
1x10 45
1x10 55
1x10 65
1x10 75

Cable bicep curls
Leg extension and lunges

I don't know how you recover so quickly! I didn't even go to the gym last week. This is one of my two super bad seasonal allergy times of year, and all I do is cough all day and night. So between not being able to breathe or sleep, I just got my allergy shot last Friday and CRASHED. I don't have energy to do shit!

I'm sure a big part of it is that I don't go nearly as heavy as you do! Other than that maybe the recovery protein shake?

Flat bench
1x20 135
5x10 185
5x10 240

Incline bench
5x20 135

Deficit DL
1x10 135
2x10 225
1x5 315
1x1 365

Bent over dumb bell row