Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please move in next door!

Is the stringer the spot bar?

its pretty easy to learn how to bail from a back and front squat though.

Please move in next door!

Is the stringer the spot bar?

its pretty easy to learn how to bail from a back and front squat though.
From desctip it looked like stringer was a way to reinforce the mount? I couldn't find pics to explain. Y don't you move next door to us? You'd be closer to fam ;)

Also we have a pool and will likely have a frozen drink maker so you won't need to go to Vegas anymore for fat Tuesdays 

other question - what would be the benefit to having the longer arms / 41" from wall instead of 20 something? Would you rack up on the inside face of the verts or something? 

Also we have a pool and will likely have a frozen drink maker so you won't need to go to Vegas anymore for fat Tuesdays 
every day I am closer and closer to wanting to be a flip flops 12 months a year person...

other question - what would be the benefit to having the longer arms / 41" from wall instead of 20 something? Would you rack up on the inside face of the verts or something? 
The only reason I've seen people say they "needed" the 41" arms was for extra room for kipping pullups.  However, the rack doesn't get any wider, so you also can't fold it in on itself like the 20 something version.  The 40 something inch version just doesn't make any sense to me.  

I wish they showed how it collapsed with the 41 inch arms?

I think id regret not getting the 41 inch arms because then you really are just doing strict pull ups and not much else you can use the pull up bar for (leg raised, etc)  but you could get some rings

Im stil torn between ordering one of these and the likelihood of actually using it so much

RML-3W-specs.png

From the vid I saw the 41 folds liek a parallelogram both arms go same direction so one would be outside of the width of the base

you could do pull ups facing the wall  but a lot of the stuff if you have any Kip or swing would be hard to do (but wouldnt be the end of the world)

I put a pull up bar that we can do stuff like this on in the garage ceiling but its really just too high ( i made some crates that we use to access it yuo an sort of see underneath it) but i admit its a pain to use - this pic doesnt really do it justice but it would be nice to not be 10 feet off the ground:

IMG_3724.jpg

I recently tried to kip on one of those hotel gym cable machines and it was okay, but I'm pretty short and I hit my feet. 

Can I come over for frozen drinks and fitness? 

Always, if you're asking me. Lol. But you are asking rg I think 

I’m lost and don’t know where to post this. I feel I am having an identity crisis. 

squats @ 65% 3x5

incline bench 3x10

MetCon:

akwooly’s heavy Cindy(20mins):

5 strict pullups

10 plyo push-ups 

15 80# sandbag squats

7 rounds. 

Had to re-up my gym membership...hadn't been going due to the small building size and there ain't no way I'm doing pilates out on a asphalt parking lot.  Now with the weather cooling down they are going to start offering online/video classes.  Hopefully they flick the switch on their end today so I can start with the pilates class tomorrow morning.  

Back