Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was like, this is a map, thats such and such lake, there is longs peak, we are here, you want to get there so take that trail until you see the sign for Glacier Gorge TH- and she basically rolled her eyes and said something like she didnt trust maps or didnt "do" maps.. and trotted off in the wrong direction, but at least on a trail... 

a light is a good idea, we keep the headlamps in our daypacks, but probably need to check the ole batterries

And I am sort of over hiking, I dont know why but its has just lost its appeal to me - we only did around 6 miles but I was done around mile 2..

Mosquitoes think I'm an open bar and will chew me up....so things like hiking and getting all bit up/swollen/itchy is not my idea of fun.

My new WTB Rocket bike seat just showed up!  I never thought I'd be in my mid thirties and getting as excited about MTB parts as I do car parts?

is that a banana seat?

:D
I'm not THAT cool.

This one is for fat butts, but is narrower up front/in the middle.  The one I had before was comfy, but the taper starts a little too early, so I was getting some chafing right at the crook of the inner thigh/taint.  

What was pretty cool is that their bike seat sizer goes off of WRIST dimensions.  Apparently there's a super strong correlation between wrist bone width and sit bone width.  Go figure!

The one I had before was comfy, but the taper starts a little too early, so I was getting some chafing right at the crook of the inner thigh/taint.  
giphy.gif

I found out that there is a way for me to get over to a very long trail that runs almost the full length of the Counties to my north (from my house) - Previously I thought I would have to get on some narrow roads with no shoulders to make this happen (or drive a few miles to the west and parking my car / offloading the bike) -  A new neighborhood and gasp an oil and gas extractor built a concrete path that connects the trail in my hood over to the one in Boulder County - pretty nifty 

I also forgot how much more comfortable my mountain bike seems compared to the road bike when you first get on. 

I also didn't really know where I was going, and got a little lost, what I thought were other trails on google earth was other farming roads and oil and gas roads that cross the trail so I made some wrong assumptions on a loop I thought I could do, so ended up with around 25 miles, (sort of went from my home in North Denver burbs to Erie for those that know this part of town)  

I still sort of prefer the road biking now that it doesn't freak me out, but there are way more cars out now compared to last month - however the people on the trail are mostly wearing mask -  The "guidelines" in Boulder County are you need a mask, even outside, if you cant be further than 6 ft from people - which makes not much sense to me, but the Boulder people believe that shit hook line and sinker so I just swerved off the trail a bit when I approach someone - but you could sense the evil eye from the Boulder crowd - 

I don't see much point in wearing a mask when exercising outdoors, unless there are just a ton of people around you all the time. I haven't been wearing one, and virtually no one else out here does, even though we don't think twice about wearing masks in every other situation out here. We're so close to Asia that it doesn't seem as strange, I guess, since even in non-pandemic times we see a pretty substantial percentage (~10%?) of our tourists wearing masks in public places, and even more on airplanes. 

Neither do I but it’s Boulder....I’d say 1/4 were also wearing gloves....

But it was also weird (since this is the fitness thread) this weekend I had a bunch of running around to do and it seems every where I went I saw really heavy folks not wearing anything - walking around like we were all jerks for wearing them at Home Depot and places... it was really strange.... I was like ughh you high high high risk my man!!

Yeah, I have given up on my obese friend from Saipan. He has ignored my travel warnings all along, and up to now I haven't wanted to just come out and say "you're much more likely to die because of your weight".

This is the guy who went to the Philippines back in mid March after I told him not to go, and shared my insider info that if he didn't get the disease and die,  he could very well get trapped there. And he almost did - Manila went on lockdown the day he arrived, and he was on literally the last plane out. I have an employee who didn't make that plane and he is STILL stuck there.

Now my large buddy is heading off on a 5 week vacation to see family and friends in NC and VT. I already told him I wouldn't advise it, but it doesn't seem to matter to him. He's a lawyer and probably thinks he can sue his way out of it if he gets sick.  

I started back in the gym "for real" on Friday, started over at week 1 on my programming.  My body was NOT ready for that shock after a three month layoff.  I felt super-duper sick the last two days from it, and still have DOMS so bad I can barely walk.  I had no idea it would be THAT BAD given that I was still workout out while not at the gym, but since I wasn't doing any real posterior chain work, it ran me over like a truck.

I'm still in the process of recovery from being a dumbass at the beach a couple of weekends ago. I decided I would skimboard with my son and let's just say that the board that he uses isn't quite big enough to support me... Also, sand isn't as soft as it seems when you hit it as hard as I did. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I hurt my foot somehow. I'm thinking I sprained it when I jumped on the board, but I'm still entertaining the possibility that there could be a slight fracture. I'm getting more assured that it's not a break because the swelling is almost completely gone and the pain is nowhere near as bad, but I'm still keeping an eye on it. I'm definitely not as young as I used to be... 

Back