Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forty is six months away for me. 

I manage to eat a lot of bonus calories if I'm not being very honest with tracking. My meals will be on point, but I'll ignore that handful of trail mix, which is 170 calories! Measure, weigh, track. It's a slog, but it's working. It's depressing as shit to have put things like one jolly rancher or five Mike and Ikes in the log, but it all counts. 

If it's just mixed nuts, it's considerably less than that and much more heart-healthy! (not to mention also Horton-approved :thumbs:  )
I like my mixed nuts to have raisins and M&Ms to join them. Not "chocolate candies" but M&Ms. 

I'm not eating it all the time. It was just an example. Life's too short to live Horton-approved. 

A longer life only allows you to more likely to reach and stay in an age range to be being bed-ridden, deaf, blind, or incontinent.  I'll take my southern cooking, chocolate, and beer (all in moderation) over sh*tting my adult diapers for longer than I have to, thank you very much.

A longer life only allows you to more likely to reach and stay in an age range to be being bed-ridden, deaf, blind, or incontinent.  I'll take my southern cooking, chocolate, and beer (all in moderation) over sh*tting my adult diapers for longer than I have to, thank you very much.
Until you actually start nearing the point of "aging out"  It puts things into perspective when you're kids are adult and on their own and you've lived longer than your parents and other relatives who've died "relatively young".

It's all about moderation. If you eat reasonably healthy and stay reasonably fit, you should enjoy a healthy life for a longer time than if you didn't, and that will improve your quality of life in the older years, too. I say should because some of us will still end up on the losing end of a roll of the dice for cancer and such, but the risk of even that can be prevented through the healthy diet, staying active, and especially not smoking.

I''m not yet at MA's age,  but I am at the point where the benefits of sticking to a reasonably healthy lifestyle are becoming apparent, when I compare myself to my peers. I just lost one former coworker my same age to a stroke. He took the poor diet to the extreme - had diabetes, had open heart surgery at least once for clogged arteries that caused heart attacks (I think twice), had one stroke a few years before the fatal one, etc.  Trust me, his last couple of decades were pretty miserable, and by that I mean his late thirties through early fifties. That's just not worth it to me.

about 15 years ago we lost a good friend of the family to a fatal heart attack he was 55. he never had issues with his heart before. He was a marathoner, rock climber, adventure racer, never drank, never smoked ate very healthy to the point it was annoying he never ate fast food. he was dealt a shitty hand with a lot of heart disease in his family.

And Horton-approved King Cake made from soy? :dunno:
tenor.gif

All I can say is soymilk in the US is nasty. On Taiwan, it's like crack and you want more. Maybe it's all the sugar they add 

Back