Erection day

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am dredging up ancient history here, but I too was impressed by McCain's concession speech. If he had talked like that during the campaign I would've had to consider voting for him.

While disappointing, the boos did not surprise me and IMO are emblematic of the devisiveness I've earlier mentioned is one of the big turn-offs to me of the Republican party. I am hoping some healing will occurr, but judging by the amount of hate-filled speech (as well as just plain belly-aching) I heard today I think it's going to be a long process.

I think I will do my part by attempting to ignore it (the belly aching and hate stuff).

Think positive!

I am hoping some healing will occurr, but judging by the amount of hate-filled speech (as well as just plain belly-aching) I heard today I think it's going to be a long process.
yes but it goes both ways.

1. If someone says they are christian, they get crucified and called nuts.

2. If someone says they are pro-life, they are told they are not compassionate to women.

3. If someone says they believe in family values, they hate gays

4. If someone believes in the 2nd amendment, they are a hillbilly clinging to their guns

5. If someone believes in smaller government and less taxes, they are UN-Patriotic (thanks Biden)

6. If someone says they are republican, they are called war mongers, racist, homophobic, and supporting rich guys, and of course BIG OIL.

7. If democrats nominate a women, it's liberating, history making. If republicans do it, dems say she should be at home with her kids.

I've heard ALOT of hate-filled speech coming back.

We just need to ALL get past it. It is what elections do.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I don't agree with those things either, but I personally haven't been hearing them said. I won't say they aren't being said as I'm sure they are somewhere. But I've been lucky in not having to hear them.

I went back and edited to number them.

1, 2, 4, 5, and 7 were all said (in some manner, not word for word) in the campaign by either Obama or Biden.

I can give you a reference for them if really need be. I'd rather not go search for them all.

I wasn't really talking about the campaign. I don't trust politicians enough to listen to what they have to say during a campaign. Not really outside of a campaign either. I was talking about ordinary people.

Ordinary people are the worst.

I've heard it all.

Of course today, the phone calls were from all my liberal buddies saying "What happened to your boy?" then followed by laughter.

Well, how about this, DV. I respect you and your opinions, I've tried to avoid gloating here, and I am ashamed for the behavior of those people you're talking about. Take that for what it's worth.

I agree that both sides need to get past the pettiness and learn to respect each other.

mudpuppy,

I know its hard to judge my demeanor through a PC, but when my buddies do it, I am laughing with them.

I said at the beginning of the political thread that I can handle this stuff, and I was serious. I just hope I don't infuriate others, because I don't mean to.

When I got to the office this morning, I had faxes on my desk from some of our guys in the field. One fax showed the Electoral Vote count, the other asked about how the AOL straw poll was doing.

I gotta admit, that second one was funny.

^^ I, for one, am pretty impressed with this board as a whole. There have been some really interesting and diverse opinions posted here and it's been pretty much free of personal attacks.

Also, DV is correct in that it's hard to get demeanor across on a computer screen.

I know Flyer.

I probably sound WAY too serious, and I'm never serious.

You should see my McCain impression, my friends. It's a shame it won't be needed anymore.

OK,

My inspector in the field that sent me the fax about "how's the AOL poll looking for McCain today?",

He also emailed a pic taken today of him with WVU's Basketball coach. So here's what I did to his pic, and sent it back to him.

He has an obvious hernia (stomach), so I was gonna put the caption as:

I had my head up Obama's ass so long, that the turkey timer popped!

^^ I, for one, am pretty impressed with this board as a whole. There have been some really interesting and diverse opinions posted here and it's been pretty much free of personal attacks.
Also, DV is correct in that it's hard to get demeanor across on a computer screen.

Agreed. I think we have all done well and argued like the educated adults and Americans we are.

:unitedstates: :thumbs:

I think he did chime in on one thread. But yeah, he's awfully quiet. Maybe he's been on the phone with the Obama campaign, negotiating his appointment as EPA administrator?

JR had a hot date on election night. We haven't heard from him since. He's probably laying face down in a PCB laden everglade by now.

Hey does someone want to see if JR's kidneys are up for auction on EBay?

Back