EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@BlueBlueprint_PE now I'm researching aeropress. I have a keurig, and I like it because it is literally just me making a cup of coffee every once in a while. I've started using my reusable keurig cup because I got tired of the grittiness of the Aldi k-cups (because I don't like buying huge amounts of k-cups since...I don't drink them that often), but I find that using the reusable k-cup has resulted in less 'coffee' (I might be not using it correctly, while I'll look into. I hate that the unit takes up a huge amount of counter space and it's a little frustrating. I also don't want to have to deal with using my kettle/electric kettle if I don't need to when making coffee. Is there a method to just do cold coffee that I can zap in the microwave or something?

Maybe I'll just stick to my instant cafe bustelo...

Day 5/Night 5

The weary students were getting ready for their next class, "Ethics and Project Management", but first it was time to break for lunch. Everyone went down to the basement to find the cafeteria and kitchen. They ran into Shriek, the custodian. "Feel free to serve yourselves, but keep your voices down and don't talk to the cook. The Children of the Corridor are always listening."

1628600450914.png

"This place gives me the creeps. It's always given me the creeps", said @chart94 . "We need to pass our classes and get out of here!" In the kitchen, @DuranDuran PE was chopping up hot dogs, potatoes and onions. "That looks disgusting!", exclaimed @beccabun PE . "How do you expect us to eat this?", forgetting they were not supposed to converse with the cook. "Some of us live, some of die, but all will fail", mumbled @DuranDuran PE . "What's that supposed to mean?" said @Dothracki PE , who was still drenched with sweat and covered in bruises from his Chinese dodgeball team tryouts. "Some of us live, some of us die, but all will fail", @DuranDuran PE mumbled again, staring out into space. "I know that guy", said @SaltySteve PE . "He was a promising engineer. He got his seal and signed one project. An architect complained about it, and his firm threw him under the bus. Instead of standing up for him, they reported him to the authorities to save their own ass. He lost his license and has never been the same since." "I don't care, forget him", said @RBHeadge PE . "I don't trust the food or anyone here." He went to the walk-in freezer and opened the door, hoping to find something safe and microwavable to eat. He was knocked to the floor from behind. @beccabun PE towered over him, blocking his escape. "I've been watching you. I saw you in spelling class manipulating the blocks. You let @harshaPEAZ die!" "Yeah, I let a few people die, but I'm doing it to save the masses. This school needs to be shut down!" He pulled out a gun, but @beccabun PE tackled him before he could get a shot off. A struggle ensued. @beccabun PE yelled for help, and @Dothracki PE charged in to break it up, but out of nowhere a lead-filled dodgeball flew in, knocking everyone to the ground. The freezer door slammed shut.

@txjennah PE and @BlueBlueprint_PE were later found sitting in the cafeteria, apparently unaware of the commotion. @chart94 and @SaltySteve PE joined them. "Where is everyone else?" asked @BlueBlueprint_PE . @chart94 and @SaltySteve PE looked at each other, then at @txjennah PE and @BlueBlueprint_PE . "I thought they were with you guys!" The four of them ate lunch together in silence, each wondering who was hiding secrets from who.

@RBHeadge PE was lynched by the town. He was the Mafia Boss.

@Dothracki PE and @beccabun PE were night killed by the mafia.

There are 4 players left. They are @txjennah PE , @BlueBlueprint_PE , @SaltySteve PE and @chart94

"I know that guy", said @SaltySteve PE . "He was a promising engineer. He got his seal and signed one project. An architect complained about it, and his firm threw him under the bus. Instead of standing up for him, they reported him to the authorities to save their own ass. He lost his license and has never been the same since."
Damn architects.
Damn mafia.

Day 5/Night 5

The weary students were getting ready for their next class, "Ethics and Project Management", but first it was time to break for lunch. Everyone went down to the basement to find the cafeteria and kitchen. They ran into Shriek, the custodian. "Feel free to serve yourselves, but keep your voices down and don't talk to the cook. The Children of the Corridor are always listening."

View attachment 23317

"This place gives me the creeps. It's always given me the creeps", said @chart94 . "We need to pass our classes and get out of here!" In the kitchen, @DuranDuran PE was chopping up hot dogs, potatoes and onions. "That looks disgusting!", exclaimed @beccabun PE . "How do you expect us to eat this?", forgetting they were not supposed to converse with the cook. "Some of us live, some of die, but all will fail", mumbled @DuranDuran PE . "What's that supposed to mean?" said @Dothracki PE , who was still drenched with sweat and covered in bruises from his Chinese dodgeball team tryouts. "Some of us live, some of us die, but all will fail", @DuranDuran PE mumbled again, staring out into space. "I know that guy", said @SaltySteve PE . "He was a promising engineer. He got his seal and signed one project. An architect complained about it, and his firm threw him under the bus. Instead of standing up for him, they reported him to the authorities to save their own ass. He lost his license and has never been the same since." "I don't care, forget him", said @RBHeadge PE . "I don't trust the food or anyone here." He went to the walk-in freezer and opened the door, hoping to find something safe and microwavable to eat. He was knocked to the floor from behind. @beccabun PE towered over him, blocking his escape. "I've been watching you. I saw you in spelling class manipulating the blocks. You let @harshaPEAZ die!" "Yeah, I let a few people die, but I'm doing it to save the masses. This school needs to be shut down!" He pulled out a gun, but @beccabun PE tackled him before he could get a shot off. A struggle ensued. @beccabun PE yelled for help, and @Dothracki PE charged in to break it up, but out of nowhere a lead-filled dodgeball flew in, knocking everyone to the ground. The freezer door slammed shut.

@txjennah PE and @BlueBlueprint_PE were later found sitting in the cafeteria, apparently unaware of the commotion. @chart94 and @SaltySteve PE joined them. "Where is everyone else?" asked @BlueBlueprint_PE . @chart94 and @SaltySteve PE looked at each other, then at @txjennah PE and @BlueBlueprint_PE . "I thought they were with you guys!" The four of them ate lunch together in silence, each wondering who was hiding secrets from who.

@RBHeadge PE was lynched by the town. He was the Mafia Boss.

There are 4 players left. They are @txjennah PE , @BlueBlueprint_PE , @SaltySteve PE and @chart94
Good write up!!!

My wife and I got a ninja coffee maker for a wedding gift- its great. We buy whole beans and grind some every couple of days.
I don't really appreciate keurig brews, but I drink them when I need to (i.e. every morning at work around 10:30).
Otherwise, I'm not picky about beans or blends or roasts. I tend to like darker roasts and only drink it black, but those are my general parameters of coffee consumption.
I kinda wish I was a little more knowledgeable/stuck up about my coffee, but as with almost all things food and drink, if it's in front of me, it'll get put in its place (my belly).
I second the Ninja coffee maker support. I got one a year or two ago and it's been great. We buy medium-dark roast fair trade coffee (I like super dark, my wife likes medium, so we split the difference and maintain equal disappointed alertness) and the Ninja brews it better than any drip coffee maker I've owned. French press and other pour-over methods are better...if you have time for that. In hard times I'm not above the cheapest coffee on the planet, I've walked off with many terrible hotel coffee packs. It's an addiction, I prefer the good stuff but when the shakes hit I'll lick Sam's Choice Breakfast Blend off the bare food of a hobo.

I don't have the hatred of Starbucks most have expressed in this discussion, but I'll agree it's not that great. The best is always the hole-in-the-wall coffee shops where I'm the weirdo for wearing a tucked in polo and not having a hackey-sack in my pocket. Drive-thru preferably so I don't get the back story about the small community where the beans are grown and the carbon-neutral oven it was roasted in. It's a good product, give it to me in the largest bio-degradable cup you have and an IV pack, keep the change.

Long way of saying: Ninja coffee pot is good.

I second the Ninja coffee maker support. I got one a year or two ago and it's been great. We buy medium-dark roast fair trade coffee (I like super dark, my wife likes medium, so we split the difference and maintain equal disappointed alertness) and the Ninja brews it better than any drip coffee maker I've owned. French press and other pour-over methods are better...if you have time for that. In hard times I'm not above the cheapest coffee on the planet, I've walked off with many terrible hotel coffee packs. It's an addiction, I prefer the good stuff but when the shakes hit I'll lick Sam's Choice Breakfast Blend off the bare food of a hobo.

I don't have the hatred of Starbucks most have expressed in this discussion, but I'll agree it's not that great. The best is always the hole-in-the-wall coffee shops where I'm the weirdo for wearing a tucked in polo and not having a hackey-sack in my pocket. Drive-thru preferably so I don't get the back story about the small community where the beans are grown and the carbon-neutral oven it was roasted in. It's a good product, give it to me in the largest bio-degradable cup you have and an IV pack, keep the change.

Long way of saying: Ninja coffee pot is good.
Funny. When we went to New York a few years ago I tried to find GOOD Hole in the Wall coffee shops without luck. I actually dumped a cup of coffee it was so bad. I ended up at Starbucks…

Back