EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After he was killed off he threw some angry emojis at a couple posts from me an RBH so I assume he knew that the two of us were Maf.

Day 6/Night 6

Ethics/Project management did not go well. It ended when @BlueBlueprint_PE pissed off the instructor @MadamPirate PE , trying to explain you can't sign unfinished work and expect to complete it via revision drawings. "What the ONE thing you gotta do to make money on a project?" asked MP. "That's obvious", muttered @SaltySteve PE . "You shut up!" voiced MP. She continued, "You have to FINISH the project!" With extra homework assigned, the students retreated to the library, where they fell asleep at their desks.

That night, @txjennah PE woke up inside the gym horrified. She found herself chained and confined inside a toll-booth like rectangular glass tank, with saltwater pouring in and slowly filling up the tank. Across from her was @SaltySteve PE , standing on a block of ice, a noose around his head and the rope tied to a wooden beam. There is a key hanging on a string halfway between @SaltySteve PE and @txjennah PE . @chart94 was high above @SaltySteve PE on the wooden beam, blindfolded with a saw in hand, not able to see the rope. @BlueBlueprint_PE was several feet away, chained to and pedaling on a stationary bike. The bike was powering a fan, which blew cold air on the block of ice @SaltySteve PE was standing on, keeping it from melting. Live electrical wires ran from the bike to the floor.

@JayKay PE walked in with @MadamPirate PE. "This is your final ethics test", said @JayKay PE . "In a few minutes, the tank will fill up with saltwater, drowning @txjennah PE . She can save herself by pulling up the lever at the bottom to let the water out, but it will blow to the bike, electrocuting and killing @BlueBlueprint_PE . If Blue dies, the bike stops and the ice will melt, hanging @SaltySteve PE . @SaltySteve PE can jump and grab the key and toss it to @txjennah PE so she can unlock the chain and free herself and then @BlueBlueprint_PE , but Salty would have to step off the block of ice and hang himself in the process. @chart94 can use the saw to free @SaltySteve PE , but he'll fall and break his neck. Someone has to become free to be able to catch @chart94 . The question is, who among you will sacrifice themselves to save the others?

The 4 remaining students argued, each one accusing the other of being mafia/sabotaging the class. The water had reached @txjennah PE 's neck, and in a few seconds would reach her mouth/nose. @BlueBlueprint_PE was growing exhausted from pedaling. She slowed down and the ice started to melt. The rope caught @Salty's neck and he started to choke. @txjennah PE grabbed the lever. "WAIT!" cried @chart94 . "I'm the only chance for all of us to escape. I can't see the rope, but you guys can. If you guide me while I crawl along the beam, I think I can reach it and cut the rope. Hurry!" @BlueBlueprint_PE could see best, so they guided @chart94 until he reached the rope. @SaltySteve PE was freed and he immediately grabbed the key and freed @txjennah PE , who's head was already underwater. @txjennah PE leaped out of the tank to help free @SaltySteve PE . Then they all stood together to catch @chart as he jumped down.

@JayKay PE and @MadamPirate PE clapped in unison. "Well done guys! You've all passed!" "What about the others who had to die for all this bulls***?" cried @chart94 . "Who said anything about dying?" , said @DuranDuran PE , walking in with Shriek, the custodian. "What, you're normal again?" said a confused @txjennah PE . @jean15paul_PE entered next, along with @beccabun PE , @RBHeadge PE , @NikR_PE , @harshaPEAZ , @ChebyshevII PE , @djl PE , @Dothracki PE , and @EyehatethePEexam PE. The 4 remaining "living" players gaped in shock.

@jean15paul_PE started to explain. "It was all a ruse. Well, mostly. I was hired as an undercover cop to investigate the licensing board's nasty dealings setting up this "reform" school. Obviously there had been many complaints. I discovered @RBHeadge PE the first day forming a gang to sabotage the school and force the board to shut it down. We talked, and agreed there was a better way. We decided to let the reform school run its course and we recorded everything as evidence. @harshaPEAZ was given a real shock, but only to render her unconscious. He held up @NikR_PE 's head. "Paper mache. The elementary kids are quite the artists! Everyone else was sent to the playground to remain and keep up the illusion." "So what happens now?", asked @txjennah PE , still in shock. "The corrupt licensing board members are facing fines and prison sentences. You engineers have been granted lifetime exemption for your PE license, with no CE requirements, ever. The new board members recognize your exemplary performance, not only in your trades, but in your dedication to each other. They now recognize the real problem is architects, not engineers. As compensation for your pain and suffering, and as punishment to the instructors, the instructors and engineers will team up to train and reform the incoming class of architects!"

Shriek jumped out in front of the crowd:
1628686742345.png "WE'RE GOING TO KICK SOME ARCHITECT ASS!!!"

There was a silent pause:
"Umm...wrong line", said @Dothracki PE
"Wrong character", added @NikR_PE
"Wrong movie", said @ChebyshevII PE

Shriek slumped his head and shoulders. "It's ok", said @EyehatethePEexam PE . "You're the best damn custodian this old dingy dilapidated school has ever seen! Shriek blushed, and @blybrook PE patted his head and grunted in agreement.

The End!

@txjennah PE was lynched by the town. She was a regular townie.
@chart94 was nightkilled by the mafia. He was a regular townie.

@BlueBlueprint_PE and @SaltySteve PE are the remaining players and both are mafia. The mafia wins!

I am too busy this week when I popped in I saw it was close to time.... I just thought of creating a tie with my vote no other reason... I thought my tie could save a townie as the first day votes were random....Believe me I am a townie...but I guess its too late.
One has to be careful when creating ties so late in the day. It looks suspicious; like it's an attempt to save someone else or sacrifice a specific player. When they have happened in the previous games they tend to work against their intended purpose. Either revealing other mafia or confusing the townies and causing mislynches.

In this specific case it was a critical vote that took our the cop. Pretty unfortunate all around and it makes you a target for everyone. A target from the townies because you took our their greatest asset, and a target for the mafia who can set your lynch as an easy distraction and mislynch for the day.

There were two critical votes yesterday. One by @Dothracki PE and one by @harshaPEAZ .

The other votes yesterday were "first votes" and lack analytical value at this time. They have the potential to be informative later in the game.

The WPA on @Dothracki PE 's vote is currently unknown. But it has to be less negative then @harshaPEAZ 's critical vote. Obviously @harshaPEAZ contributed negative WPA for the town last night. And it was made all the more suspect since it came in the waning moments.

@DuranDuran PE I vote for @harshaPEAZ

This would have been my post and vote had I been a townie this game too. The numbers suggested it was the move to make and I trust that the probabilities provide benefit in the long run.

@BlueBlueprint_PE and @SaltySteve PE are the remaining players and both are mafia. The mafia wins!
376252a1-b6da-4d70-85f6-f703732ed39b_text.gif

Did not have Steve pegged as mafia.

Good game everyone! Thank you for allowing me to mod/write this round. I enjoyed it!

As a reference:

View attachment 23332

And a few notes:

View attachment 23333
I think the urge to create ties stems from a few posts I made over a year ago where I pointed out that we can learn things from ties. It's a way of both teasing out alliances (i,e. mafia or townie coalitions) and forcing alliances to make tough decisions. But there is only strategic or tactical value to ties if they are done with purpose and with others "in the know". A blind tie late in the day looks suspicious and doesn't aid in telling anything. Whereas early ties allow for more behavior observation and data gathering.

It would be interesting to get everyone's take on the new roles and their thoughts on the game balance. I thought it was fairly even, but it might take a couple of round with this format, since a couple of major roles were eliminated early.
I would say that requiring the mafia to kill all townies is unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the game. Once the mafia outnumber the townies they can vote together and control the day lynch, and there's nothing the town can do about it.

EDIT: I guess it does give the mafia the opportunity to take a victory lap... which could be fun for them.

It would be interesting to get everyone's take on the new roles and their thoughts on the game balance. I thought it was fairly even, but it might take a couple of round with this format, since a couple of major roles were eliminated early.
I liked the addition of the mafia spy. It added a great twist to it.

Day 6/Night 6

Ethics/Project management did not go well. It ended when @BlueBlueprint_PE pissed off the instructor @MadamPirate PE , trying to explain you can't sign unfinished work and expect to complete it via revision drawings. "What the ONE thing you gotta do to make money on a project?" asked MP. "That's obvious", muttered @SaltySteve PE . "You shut up!" voiced MP. She continued, "You have to FINISH the project!" With extra homework assigned, the students retreated to the library, where they fell asleep at their desks.

That night, @txjennah PE woke up inside the gym horrified. She found herself chained and confined inside a toll-booth like rectangular glass tank, with saltwater pouring in and slowly filling up the tank. Across from her was @SaltySteve PE , standing on a block of ice, a noose around his head and the rope tied to a wooden beam. There is a key hanging on a string halfway between @SaltySteve PE and @txjennah PE . @chart94 was high above @SaltySteve PE on the wooden beam, blindfolded with a saw in hand, not able to see the rope. @BlueBlueprint_PE was several feet away, chained to and pedaling on a stationary bike. The bike was powering a fan, which blew cold air on the block of ice @SaltySteve PE was standing on, keeping it from melting. Live electrical wires ran from the bike to the floor.

@JayKay PE walked in with @MadamPirate PE. "This is your final ethics test", said @JayKay PE . "In a few minutes, the tank will fill up with saltwater, drowning @txjennah PE . She can save herself by pulling up the lever at the bottom to let the water out, but it will blow to the bike, electrocuting and killing @BlueBlueprint_PE . If Blue dies, the bike stops and the ice will melt, hanging @SaltySteve PE . @SaltySteve PE can jump and grab the key and toss it to @txjennah PE so she can unlock the chain and free herself and then @BlueBlueprint_PE , but Salty would have to step off the block of ice and hang himself in the process. @chart94 can use the saw to free @SaltySteve PE , but he'll fall and break his neck. Someone has to become free to be able to catch @chart94 . The question is, who among you will sacrifice themselves to save the others?

The 4 remaining students argued, each one accusing the other of being mafia/sabotaging the class. The water had reached @txjennah PE 's neck, and in a few seconds would reach her mouth/nose. @BlueBlueprint_PE was growing exhausted from pedaling. She slowed down and the ice started to melt. The rope caught @Salty's neck and he started to choke. @txjennah PE grabbed the lever. "WAIT!" cried @chart94 . "I'm the only chance for all of us to escape. I can't see the rope, but you guys can. If you guide me while I crawl along the beam, I think I can reach it and cut the rope. Hurry!" @BlueBlueprint_PE could see best, so they guided @chart94 until he reached the rope. @SaltySteve PE was freed and he immediately grabbed the key and freed @txjennah PE , who's head was already underwater. @txjennah PE leaped out of the tank to help free @SaltySteve PE . Then they all stood together to catch @chart as he jumped down.

@JayKay PE and @MadamPirate PE clapped in unison. "Well done guys! You've all passed!" "What about the others who had to die for all this bulls***?" cried @chart94 . "Who said anything about dying?" , said @DuranDuran PE , walking in with Shriek, the custodian. "What, you're normal again?" said a confused @txjennah PE . @jean15paul_PE entered next, along with @beccabun PE , @RBHeadge PE , @NikR_PE , @harshaPEAZ , @ChebyshevII PE , @djl PE , @Dothracki PE , and @EyehatethePEexam PE. The 4 remaining "living" players gaped in shock.

@jean15paul_PE started to explain. "It was all a ruse. Well, mostly. I was hired as an undercover cop to investigate the licensing board's nasty dealings setting up this "reform" school. Obviously there had been many complaints. I discovered @RBHeadge PE the first day forming a gang to sabotage the school and force the board to shut it down. We talked, and agreed there was a better way. We decided to let the reform school run its course and we recorded everything as evidence. @harshaPEAZ was given a real shock, but only to render her unconscious. He held up @NikR_PE 's head. "Paper mache. The elementary kids are quite the artists! Everyone else was sent to the playground to remain and keep up the illusion." "So what happens now?", asked @txjennah PE , still in shock. "The corrupt licensing board members are facing fines and prison sentences. You engineers have been granted lifetime exemption for your PE license, with no CE requirements, ever. The new board members recognize your exemplary performance, not only in your trades, but in your dedication to each other. They now recognize the real problem is architects, not engineers. As compensation for your pain and suffering, and as punishment to the instructors, the instructors and engineers will team up to train and reform the incoming class of architects!"

Shriek jumped out in front of the crowd:
View attachment 23331 "WE'RE GOING TO KICK SOME ARCHITECT ASS!!!"

There was a silent pause:
"Umm...wrong line", said @Dothracki PE
"Wrong character", added @NikR_PE
"Wrong movie", said @ChebyshevII PE

Shriek slumped his head and shoulders. "It's ok", said @EyehatethePEexam PE . "You're the best damn custodian this old dingy dilapidated school has ever seen! Shriek blushed, and @blybrook PE patted his head and grunted in agreement.

The End!

@txjennah PE was lynched by the town. She was a regular townie.
@chart94 was nightkilled by the mafia. He was a regular townie.

oooo, twist ending. 💘

I don't know whatever the movie reference is.

Back