EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to buy a house right now seems miserable. @DuranDuran PE change my vote to @chart94
Thanks. It hasn't been horrible because we're moving to a town that is a little smaller (I would never try to buy a house where I used to live in Texas). We've had a very involved seller though, who was there for the inspection and everything. So that's made this round......interesting.

I either move away from you and be five minutes from amenities, or stay depressed because I'm living in the middle of nowhere YOU PICK
I pick whatever makes you the happiest. Just let me know when you move so we can maybe meet up for hiking or din-dins once in a while! Especially since you'll be working remotely and killing it at work!

DON'T DO IT!!!

Bahahhaa!! Home ownership: the forever hobby.
We've already got one, but it's in an area that sucks and my husband has to commute 50 minutes each way to work. Working on getting one where his commute is < 10 minutes away AND I get a basement AND a nice backyard. AND it's close to trails, grocery store, and a Starbucks, which is all my basic ass wants right now. UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

I pick whatever makes you the happiest. Just let me know when you move so we can maybe meet up for hiking or din-dins once in a while! Especially since you'll be working remotely and killing it at work!
Haha my response came out more aggressive and less facetious than I intended. For sure! We'll still be visiting the city and there will be some nice trails around our new town.

We've already got one, but it's in an area that sucks and my husband has to commute 50 minutes each way to work. Working on getting one where his commute is < 10 minutes away AND I get a basement AND a nice backyard. AND it's close to trails, grocery store, and a Starbucks, which is all my basic ass wants right now. UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ
As long as you get settled in by the time the pumpkin spice latte comes out (and there's a NEW fall flavor coming out, I understand), you're good!

As long as you get settled in by the time the pumpkin spice latte comes out (and there's a NEW fall flavor coming out, I understand), you're good!
Can I tell you a secret?

I don't like pumpkin spice latte.

But I'm definitely up for a new fall flavor. IT'S ABOUT TIME STARBUCKS. HUSTLE

Can I tell you a secret?

I don't like pumpkin spice latte.

But I'm definitely up for a new fall flavor. IT'S ABOUT TIME STARBUCKS. HUSTLE
Money saving secret:

We're (wife and I) are such tight-wads. I never get/buy Starbucks, but it seems like once or twice a year someone (usually a co-worker or lighting rep) buys me Starbucks and that's my once-a-year latte.

A NICE BACKYARD. BUT THE CORN CALLS TO YOU. I want to see Apollo running around a fenced backyard. And a fire pit. And hammock. And and...I'm just going to keep listing things I want in a house of my own, but force it onto you!

At least the housing market is slightly cooling down. Prices are still higher than normal, but at least the biding wars have calmed down a bit so you can get something only $5k over listing instead of $25k.

Money saving secret:

We're (wife and I) are such tight-wads. I never get/buy Starbucks, but it seems like once or twice a year someone (usually a co-worker or lighting rep) buys me Starbucks and that's my once-a-year latte.
When my husband and I were dating, we would get Starbucks at least twice a week. Eeee! Now we're down to once a week.

A NICE BACKYARD. BUT THE CORN CALLS TO YOU. I want to see Apollo running around a fenced backyard. And a fire pit. And hammock. And and...I'm just going to keep listing things I want in a house of my own, but force it onto you!

At least the housing market is slightly cooling down. Prices are still higher than normal, but at least the biding wars have calmed down a bit so you can get something only $5k over listing instead of $25k.
We negotiated ours down below the asking price, and it ended up appraising for higher. UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

Wait does Apollo run? I just imagine him lying on yarn and giving side-eye. 🤣

Back