EB Art Museum

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Award, Spaceman.

luzrdspaceman2-49dgsxwcc.jpeg

Here's a little drawing I did for the logo of our "Hash House Harriers" running club newsletter. Every year we make a new logo to go along with whatever the Chinese year is. This is obviously the Year of the Rat.

I totally cheated on this drawing - I just traced an image of Rattatouille in Microsoft Word (but added in the beer can!), then pasted it into MS Paint for this forum. On Word, shrunken down to postage-stamp size, he actually looks pretty good!

YEAR OF THE RAT:

ratt-49fl0m8ad.jpeg

Here's a little drawing I did for the logo of our "Hash House Harriers" running club newsletter. Every year we make a new logo to go along with whatever the Chinese year is. This is obviously the Year of the Rat.
I totally cheated on this drawing - I just traced an image of Rattatouille in Microsoft Word (but added in the beer can!), then pasted it into MS Paint for this forum. On Word, shrunken down to postage-stamp size, he actually looks pretty good!

YEAR OF THE RAT:

ratt-49fl0m8ad.jpeg
D-man...You have to check your genealogy tree. I am pretty sure you will find that Picasso is a relative of yours.

That is a great drawing. Stealing a phrase from the Emoticon Master...that is some wicked talent.

Umm, did you guys miss the part where I said I traced the image? It's a great way to cheat - just find a jpeg of whatever it is you want to draw, insert it into your Word document, then trace over the image. The only skills involved are knowing how to pick the colors and using special color tricks like gradients, as above. That, and keeping track of your "layers". The "move to fron/back" and "group" buttons quickly become your best friend.

Just like Ratatouille says, "Anyone Can Draw!"

Umm, did you guys miss the part where I said I traced the image? It's a great way to cheat - just find a jpeg of whatever it is you want to draw, insert it into your Word document, then trace over the image. The only skills involved are knowing how to pick the colors and using special color tricks like gradients, as above. That, and keeping track of your "layers". The "move to fron/back" and "group" buttons quickly become your best friend.
Oh well. That is more than I can do anyways.

I disagree, especially if I'm trying to use something like MS paint. Even if I were tracing something, mine would look like some thing done by a spastic three year old. You have a gift Dleg.

I just noticed the color gradient. Impressive. Most impressive. Obi Wan has taught you well.

Clever you are. Challenge you I do. The draw off begins now.

First things I see are... kids CD games - Harry Potter having tea with Buzz Lightyear. GO!

Dleg:

that is some mighty fine plagiarism you're doing there!!

very nice.

Oh, man... You win!

I actually have some serious work to do today. Don't tempt me!

I actually have some serious work to do today. Don't tempt me!
Why do you think I haven't finished my grad project ??!!! It's the temptation !!! :Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

Actually, I have a BIG wrap-it-up permit meeting tomorrow in the AM - that should align all of the heavy-hitting activities for the remainder of this month. I should be able to take ample leave time at that point to finish my grad project.

I am going to go hide at the college of engineering - no cell phone, no EB.com. Just me and that !@#$%^& project.

JR

I know what you're saying. Work really interferes with my spamming sometimes.

(I suppose being unemployed would put a serious dent in it too though)

Wow! Buzzed Lightyear was pretty good. I'll have to see if I can top 'The Aftermath' this afternoon.

Sorry, I haven't gotten to the contest yet. But inspiration struck:

bikiniicefishing-49hgd1235.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I think her nipples are hard!

You guys SURE you're not architects? That's WAY more artistic talent than most Engineer's have!

^^ Well, I did have to take the climate into account.

The fact that any of you think that any of these pictures have ANY level of "artistic talent" only proves that engineers have none.

I realized, just this morning while listening to a story on NPR about the anniversary of the character "Cookie Monster" on Sesame Street, that I am pretty sure I have NEVER seen Cookie Monster's body.

cookie01-fck1mhor.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back