Virginia DPOR and NCEES Record

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david.price.pe

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right place but here goes...

I am a PE in CA and got it 10 years ago. I work primarily in the construction industry and haven't really need my PE until now. I'm moving up enough that I need a PE for Resident Engineer positions on VDOT projects. I've painfully gotten my last 12 to 15 years of experience verified by NCEES, and I'm about the submit it to VA DPOR. But I've heard horror stories about engineers with primarily construction experience getting reciprocity in VA. Has anyone here gotten a Civil PE in VA with primarily construction related experience. I've done a lot of "redesign" through the FRI process and other things that I consider actual "qualifying engineering experience." Does anyone know if DPOR rejects your application, will they tell you how much of your experience counted and how much more you need? Do they give any kind of feed back or just reject?

I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right place but here goes...

I am a PE in CA and got it 10 years ago. I work primarily in the construction industry and haven't really need my PE until now. I'm moving up enough that I need a PE for Resident Engineer positions on VDOT projects. I've painfully gotten my last 12 to 15 years of experience verified by NCEES, and I'm about the submit it to VA DPOR. But I've heard horror stories about engineers with primarily construction experience getting reciprocity in VA. Has anyone here gotten a Civil PE in VA with primarily construction related experience. I've done a lot of "redesign" through the FRI process and other things that I consider actual "qualifying engineering experience." Does anyone know if DPOR rejects your application, will they tell you how much of your experience counted and how much more you need? Do they give any kind of feed back or just reject?
They just reject, no feedback. So, how has it gone with you? Have you submitted yet?

Hey!
do you have any updates on this?
i applied for my original PE in VA and got rejected due to my construction experience not being valid by them.
i then petitioned again to them. rejected. i then went to an in person interview, and again i was rejected

im in the process of doing the NCEES Record and that looks to not require the "experience" form when applying to VA

Back