Countdown to Football Season!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to an Ohio State/Oregon Rose Bowl. A big defense vs a big offense.
won't be much of a game - pretty much the big offense against the big choke - Tressel's content just winning the Big 10 year after year (such as it is), I really don't think he even cares about bowl games, at least that's the way they play. It'll likely be a 20+ pt blowout

here's the football I wanna watch: http://www.lflus.com/

I'm looking forward to an Ohio State/Oregon Rose Bowl. A big defense vs a big offense.
won't be much of a game - pretty much the big offense against the big choke - Tressel's content just winning the Big 10 year after year (such as it is), I really don't think he even cares about bowl games, at least that's the way they play. It'll likely be a 20+ pt blowout

here's the football I wanna watch: http://www.lflus.com/
Ohio State can win, the Duck defense can be had in the middle if you have a nice big o-line.

That offense though is tough. Masoli is basically a RB but can throw and is hard to bring down. And now Blount is back in the mix in the backfield he is a serious load.

What sort of defense does the Buckeyes have? Hope they can run.

^ re: defense - big & slow moving, usually why they get picked apart by teams running spread offenses, which are in the minority in Big 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they will probably be torched then. If the LB can run and the DB are physical I give them a chance. Ohio State must score 35+ to win.

Keeping a Masoli led Oregon under 40 is actually pretty good.

The Oregon State O-line was very young/undersized this year so don't let the sacks and pressure you saw from the Ducks fool you. A solid O-line can control them.

Ohio State must score 35+ to win.
I was thinking the Buckeyes' best chance to win is to run the ball, control the clock and hold scoring down. Maybe they don't need to stop Oregon - just keep the Duck offense on the sideline and create a couple turnovers.

By the way, I'm looking forward to a huge day of football tomorrow. My wife told me a couple months ago that she was planning a shopping trip with her sisters for December 5th. I didn't say much but thought she could not have picked a better day.

Tomorrow would be the kind of day that she'd find me in front of the TV about halfway through the afternoon and ask, "Are you just going to watch football ALL DAY?"

"Well ... yeah" :dunno:

Ohio State must score 35+ to win.
I was thinking the Buckeyes' best chance to win is to run the ball, control the clock and hold scoring down. Maybe they don't need to stop Oregon - just keep the Duck offense on the sideline and create a couple turnovers.

By the way, I'm looking forward to a huge day of football tomorrow. My wife told me a couple months ago that she was planning a shopping trip with her sisters for December 5th. I didn't say much but thought she could not have picked a better day.

Tomorrow would be the kind of day that she'd find me in front of the TV about halfway through the afternoon and ask, "Are you just going to watch football ALL DAY?"

"Well ... yeah" :dunno:
Holding Oregon to 35 or less WOULD be holding the scoring down in my opinion.

Ohio State's D is better on speed than they're given credit for. A number of their wins this year have been solely based on interceptions and turnovers returned for TD's. They will need to do more wildcat offense like they've been doing the past few games to score some points.

The biggest thing against Ohio State - the layoff. Big 10 teams finish WAAAAAAAAY earlier than the other teams, so there is a HUGE gap between the last game and the Rose Bowl.

i was at a liquor store today at lunch trying to find jager bomb cups for a xmas party saturday.. there must have been two dozen of the most stereotypical bama fans you can envision loading up on beer and jim beam...very hick!@!

SEC Championship game is in Atlanta tomorrow....

The biggest thing against Ohio State - the layoff. Big 10 teams finish WAAAAAAAAY earlier than the other teams, so there is a HUGE gap between the last game and the Rose Bowl.
Most of the B10’s bowl games are pseudo-road games too. That doesn’t help.

Rose Bowl – versus P10 – in California

Capital One – versus SEC – in Florida

Outback – versus SEC – in Florida

Champs – versus ACC - in Florida

Alamo – versus B12 – in Texas

Insight – versus B12 – in Arizona

Consider those locations against where the B10 schools are located. Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, Pennsylvania, etc. I think I'd rather be some place warm and interesting than cold and boring like the midwest.

Consider those locations against where the B10 schools are located. Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, Pennsylvania, etc. I think I'd rather be some place warm and interesting than cold and boring like the midwest.
That is part of what gets the B10 invited to those games – alumni who would like to visit warm places, with the cash to do so.

But it’s not a recipe to win games to take on USC in Pasadena and UF/UGa in Tampa/Orlando like they usually do.

I can guarantee you, all the northern schools would much rather play in the rain, mud, and snow and have home field advantage than to play in front of a seriously hostile crowd. It's not as though the coaches from B10 schools would actually let them go out and do anything fun before the game anyways.

I find this thread funny, because I thought it was a shame that Oregon was getting into the Rose Bowl, I think just the opposite than the rest on here. I think Ohio State is a good deal better than Oregon as long as T Pryor plays decent.

Oregon hasn't seen a defense like Ohio State's yet.

Plus, Why aren't you guys in the EB.com college pick em's eh??? We need more people next year.

I find this thread funny, because I thought it was a shame that Oregon was getting into the Rose Bowl, I think just the opposite than the rest on here. I think Ohio State is a good deal better than Oregon as long as T Pryor plays decent.
Oregon hasn't seen a defense like Ohio State's yet.

Plus, Why aren't you guys in the EB.com college pick em's eh??? We need more people next year.
Why is Oregon getting Rose Bowl nod a shame? Boise St maybe? OSU hasn't seen an offense like Oregon either. They held up ok against USC...but USC got annihilated by Oregon - doesn't always mean anything i know. Hey, I'll pull for the Big 10...and thats as close as I can muster to saying I hope OSU wins.

I missed the SEC game! Daughter's 5th birthday today, lost my afternoon at Chuckee F'n Cheese! at least got to see the end of it, and T. Tebow crying like Brett Farve at retirement. What the hell happened to Fla?

no help from the refs this time? :dunno:
They did reverse a Tebow fumble for Florida...but apparently that didn't help enough.

I'm pissed the Tejas got that last second (actually untimed down) field goal to beat Nebraska. I'd much rather see the Tide playing Cincy in the Championship Game.

I'm hoping Alabama and Nebraska win today
TCU should get in......
You got half your wish - almost got the entirety of it ...

no help from the refs this time? :dunno:
I really thought Alabama played a good game and that Florida looked REALLY sloppy. I thought Alabama deserved to win, especially after the dominating 3rd quarter. I also think Mark Ingram deserves the Heisman trophy after how he played so well against the top-rated college football defense.

Just my opinion.

JR

Back