Countdown to Football Season!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow, my Buckeyes managed to win the Big 10 again and climb back into the top 10 in the polls. Thank God.

Attention Clemson fans (and Georgia Tech fans, but I think I'm the only one)!!!

One of our teams is going to get hosed in the bowl selection process this year

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ions/index.html

The Gator Bowl wants an FSU match up vs West Virginia. They are seemingly doing everything in their power to make this happen, despite FSU barely being bowl eligible. The ACC has a rule whereby a bowl should not be able to select a team with a worse conference record over a team with more than one game lead in the conference standings, i.e. FSU, with their 4-4 conference record could be selected before Boston College and Miami (each with a conferance record of 5-3) but they should not be allowed to leapfrog ahead of GT (7-1), Clemson (6-2) and VT (6-2).

However, our conferance is a joke and our commissioner, John Swofford, is a little girl. The Gator bowl is contending that they only have to select the ACC CG loser once every four years, so, if the Peach Chick-fil-a bowl selects VT, as they are expected to do, the loser of the ACC CG will drop down to some lower tier bowl. This is such crap. I don't want to see a 6-6 FSU team get destroyed by :::: :wv: ::::. I understand the intrigue to that matchup, but I can't believe the ACC would allow more deserving schools to get passed over so that a terrible team can be dismantled on national television on new years day. THERE'S A REASON THEY ARE GETTING RID OF BOBBY!!!!

The ACC sucks. I want GT back in the SEC. We can make a swap with Vanderbilt. Deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Clemson fan I'm getting really tired of the ACC as well. For a while I thought the pendulum would swing back to where the SEC isn't the all powerful conference all the time but with $2.2 billion of ESPN money, they may be permanently in the driver's seat. Swofford need to be beating the bushes to get the conference back in shape as far as football goes and then negotiate some big money deal with the networks. I wish we would bail on the ACC and replace South Carolina in the SEC. I'm tired of listening to all the bullshit about how UGA and South Carolina should be playing for the ACC Championship.

I don't want to see :wv: play FSU either. I'm glad that Jimbo (from my hometown) is getting the job, but it's not a good matchup.

I wish that :wv: would have stole Jimbo to come home and coach the Mounties. Either that, or get Nick Saban to come home and coach..... think that'll happen ? :/

Glad we're going bowling this year, but we're going to get screwed by the bowl committees yet again.

3 teams in the BXII with worse overall records will probably get picked above us, including:

OU (no brainer)

A&M (heavy travelling team - means more money for the towns)

ISU (that's the Iowa State 6-6 team that finished with a worse overall and worse conference record than us)

I hate bowls - bring on playoffs.

Man I am so distracted I doubt any work will be done today.

I know all you East Coasters don't know, but today is the Oregon-Oregon State game winner = Rose Bowl. Needless to say I am a little distracted.

Be sure to root on the Engineering School (Oregon State) if you happen to catch the game tonite. Kickoff is 6 pm Pacific.

I know all you East Coasters don't know, but today is the Oregon-Oregon State game winner = Rose Bowl. Needless to say I am a little distracted.

Be sure to root on the Engineering School (Oregon State) if you happen to catch the game tonite. Kickoff is 6 pm Pacific.
its either this (i picked O State in my pool!) or Jets vs. Bills :puke:

Kickoff is 6 pm Pacific.
so like that's what? 3am Eastern?
close 9 pm. The game will probably end at 12 though. East coasters get screwed on sporting event timing. Especially during the week nights.

We have it great here. I can wake up at 9 am on Saturday watch football all the way until 10 pm or so.

Life is good.

East coasters get screwed on sporting event timing. Especially during the week nights.
We have it great here. I can wake up at 9 am on Saturday watch football all the way until 10 pm or so.

Life is good.
Except when college game day visits, and you guys have to be out there at 7am. Nobody on the east cost watches Pac-10 football anyway, haven't you ever heard of the east coast bias? ;)

Oh I have heard of it and trust me it exists, just not to the extent the Journalists here on the West Coast believe.

If Toby Gerhart played in the ACC, SEC, or Big 10/12, he wouldn't be discussing if he wins the Heisman, but who else will also be invited.

And a lot of the East Coast bias sorely ESPN generated, I submit Tyler Hansbourgh and Tim Tebow and as Exhibit A and B.

We basically get a guy like Hansbough shoved down our throats out here to the point where we wonder how objective the East Coast Media can be, and we just assume the public think just like them.

You know: perception = reality.

Believe me, I can absolutely get behind a beaver.

Hey, and if you watch the game I guarantee you will see some Wild Beaver............

Of course that is what the Oregon State coaches call their Wildcat Offense.java script:add_smilie(" :p ","smid_4")

I'm looking forward to an Ohio State/Oregon Rose Bowl. A big defense vs a big offense.

Oh I have heard of it and trust me it exists, just not to the extent the Journalists here on the West Coast believe.
If Toby Gerhart played in the ACC, SEC, or Big 10/12, he wouldn't be discussing if he wins the Heisman, but who else will also be invited.

And a lot of the East Coast bias sorely ESPN generated, I submit Tyler Hansbourgh and Tim Tebow and as Exhibit A and B.

We basically get a guy like Hansbough shoved down our throats out here to the point where we wonder how objective the East Coast Media can be, and we just assume the public think just like them.

You know: perception = reality.

I thought Exhibits A and B were the Yankees and Red Sox. Those two teams play each other twenty times per year and ESPN acts like each game is a Super Bowl.

Back