Countdown to Football Season!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You were talking about talking about RichRod going to Bama?
yeah, a guy in my office is in-law'd to Nick Saban, we were discussing Saban, and we were discussing how things would be if RichRod took the job instead of Saban. RichRod would have brought his runNgun offense instead of Saban's Pro Style, so all the recruits would have been different, etc. etc.

The Bowden's, Nick Saban, Rich Rod, and Jimbo Fisher are all from within 20 minutes of where I'm at. We don't churn out many players, but breed coaches around here for some reason.

Calling all college football fans, what do you make of the news rumor that the Big 10 (+1) has extended expansion offers to Notre Dame, Rutgers, Nebraska & Missouri?

http://www.freep.com/article/20100510/SPOR...o-four-colleges

I would be really really surprised if ND goes for this. When is their contract with NBC up? I know they have been pretty mediocre and mostly irrelevant the past few years decade, but the media loves them and they capitalize on that with $$$. I can't imagine they would give up their independence and join a conference where they would have to split their profits with the rest of the conference.

I think Rutgers would jump at the opportunity. I'm not sure about Nebraska & Missouri. Currently they are on the weak side of a strong football conference. This gives both teams a good shot at competing for a conference championship year in and year out. That may not be the case in the Big 10 (+1).

What I'm most concerned with is how this will impact other conferences. If teams move this will undoubtedly start a snowball effect among the other conferences. If the Big 12 loses two teams they will be looking to add teams to get the conference up to at least 12 again. If the Big 10 (+1) expands beyond 12 teams, would other conferences follow suit? The SEC? The Big 12? What teams would they want and from what conferences? Mostly I'm just afraid that the ACC will be pillaged for teams eventually.

Calling all college football fans, what do you make of the news rumor that the Big 10 (+1) has extended expansion offers to Notre Dame, Rutgers, Nebraska & Missouri?
http://www.freep.com/article/20100510/SPOR...o-four-colleges

I would be really really surprised if ND goes for this. When is their contract with NBC up? I know they have been pretty mediocre and mostly irrelevant the past few years decade, but the media loves them and they capitalize on that with $$$. I can't imagine they would give up their independence and join a conference where they would have to split their profits with the rest of the conference.

I think Rutgers would jump at the opportunity. I'm not sure about Nebraska & Missouri. Currently they are on the weak side of a strong football conference. This gives both teams a good shot at competing for a conference championship year in and year out. That may not be the case in the Big 10 (+1).

What I'm most concerned with is how this will impact other conferences. If teams move this will undoubtedly start a snowball effect among the other conferences. If the Big 12 loses two teams they will be looking to add teams to get the conference up to at least 12 again. If the Big 10 (+1) expands beyond 12 teams, would other conferences follow suit? The SEC? The Big 12? What teams would they want and from what conferences? Mostly I'm just afraid that the ACC will be pillaged for teams eventually.
At this point, since it seems inevitable that the ACC will be pillaged, I'm hoping Clemson sees the writing on the wall and goes to the SEC as has been rumored. With the money at stake it seems like a good move and I think it would help our recruiting a ton. I think we could be competitive in the SEC, much more so than that sorry institution in Columbia. We already compete against the SEC powerhouse schools for recruits, and I think given the choice between playing for USC or Clemson, if both were in the SEC, in state recruits would flock to Clemson. That would also screw Steve Spurrier, which is a fringe benefit.

their season would have been so much better if they had gotten to the capitol one bowl!

their season would have been so much better if they had gotten to the capitol one bowl!
I hope Spoon works out good for you guys. He is a great kid. I don't think Moore has made much noise for them thus far with injuries and all.

Spoon.jpg

Back