CA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's everyone doing on this rainy Monday while our fabulous CA Board staff is still warm in their beds?

I'll start: I'm sitting at my desk with a big stack of change orders (or Allowance Allocation Requests, the fancy new term I'm suppose to use) in front of me.

But - that won't keep me from obsessively checking this board and shamefully checking the PELS website. I just can't stop. :shakehead:

So what's everyone doing on this rainy Monday while our fabulous CA Board staff is still warm in their beds?
I'll start: I'm sitting at my desk with a big stack of change orders (or Allowance Allocation Requests, the fancy new term I'm suppose to use) in front of me.

But - that won't keep me from obsessively checking this board and shamefully checking the PELS website. I just can't stop. :shakehead:
I'm making an index map for a traffic control plan.

LOL...

one of my co workers got his FE result last saturday and he passed it...

Just checked the license look-up, they have updated new license number. For the last exam it was up to 75476, anyone didn't get results letter but found their name???

***Update. Just checked again at 8:05am, now the new licenses number after 75476 are gone. Geeze what is going on??? Heartbroken when I couldn't find my name.
I haven't seen anyone posting PE results. A few FE results, which is bizarre, but no PE. At any rate, the database will almost certainly not be updated until after most people have hardcopy PE results, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I looked at the agenda for the JAn 27 meeting and it doesn't include the usual line about approving PE exams. So probably they are not doing that this year. Since the FE is out, my GUESS is that it is possible people will get their results on Tuesday or Wednesday. But I still doubt they will update that DB before they mail out all the results.

Question. Has anyone received good news after viewing the Pels License Look Up.

Just checked the license look-up, they have updated new license number. For the last exam it was up to 75476, anyone didn't get results letter but found their name???

***Update. Just checked again at 8:05am, now the new licenses number after 75476 are gone. Geeze what is going on??? Heartbroken when I couldn't find my name.
I haven't seen anyone posting PE results. A few FE results, which is bizarre, but no PE. At any rate, the database will almost certainly not be updated until after most people have hardcopy PE results, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I looked at the agenda for the JAn 27 meeting and it doesn't include the usual line about approving PE exams. So probably they are not doing that this year. Since the FE is out, my GUESS is that it is possible people will get their results on Tuesday or Wednesday. But I still doubt they will update that DB before they mail out all the results.

Question. Has anyone received good news after viewing the Pels License Look Up.
The look up has been stuck on 75746 since last week.

Does anyone know if once you pass the pe exam in one state, Do you have to take the exam in other states to get a pe there too? That is alot of exams, alot of money, a lot of grey hair.

Does anyone know if once you pass the pe exam in one state, Do you have to take the exam in other states to get a pe there too? That is alot of exams, alot of money, a lot of grey hair.
No, once you pass the PE exam in one state, you're usually eligible to get licensed in other states if you pay their licensing fee. Here's one exception:

In CA, you can apply for the PE exam without a bachelor's degree in engineering if you have at least 8 years of documentable experience working under a PE and have passed the EIT.

This is my case (I'm still working on my bachelor's degree part-time, got one year left). So if I passed the PE last October, I can't get a PE license in most other states because they require a bachelor's degree as prereq. to sit for the PE.

EB folks: If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me :)

No, once you pass the PE exam in one state, you're usually eligible to get licensed in other states if you pay their licensing fee. Here's one exception:

In CA, you can apply for the PE exam without a bachelor's degree in engineering if you have at least 8 years of documentable experience working under a PE and have passed the EIT.

This is my case (I'm still working on my bachelor's degree part-time, got one year left). So if I passed the PE last October, I can't get a PE license in most other states because they require a bachelor's degree as prereq. to sit for the PE.

EB folks: If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me :)
I would think that you would need to finish your bachelor's degree to be able to reciprocate the license.

The good thing with the California PE is that you can apply for reciprocity to any state and not have to take another exam. PEs from other states would have to take the California State Exams to be called a PE.

So what are the chances for some notifications for PE results tomorrow the 19th? 0%, 20%, 50%???

So what are the chances for some notifications for PE results tomorrow the 19th? 0%, 20%, 50%???
0%. since the Board office was closed on friday there was nothing mailed. if the results were mailed thursday, we should ve recieved them by now. i think the earliest we'll see them is thursday or friday

Knowing the state of Ca like I do, they probably mailed them on Thursday, but put the wrong postage on all of them. So 0%.

Last edited by a moderator:
0% on 19, and 20.

25% on 21.

50% on 22.

75% on 23.

I hope CA got budget for stamps that can mail those result out on time (1/21/2010)

Anticipated Schedule for Mailing of Result Letters

ALL Professional Engineer (including GE and SE) Examinations

National Professional Land Surveyor Examination

EIT & LSIT Examinations

January 21, 2010

Duplicate Result letters available for mailing: February 1, 2010

Why him getting so quick?

Waiting... Did anybody had a chance to contact the board what happened?

Waiting... Did anybody had a chance to contact the board what happened?
No point in contacting the board. Board says DO NOT COTACT THE BOARD for the results. Even if anyone did - I guess its waste of time.
There's a difference between asking for your results over the phone, and asking for an explanation as to why they put inaccurate information on their website. I think it is a very fair question to ask, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. The results will get mailed when they get mailed.

I have stopped crying now. I started sucking my thumb again.

I LOVE YOU CALIFONIA. PLEASE BEND ME OVER ONE MORE TIME.

Back