CA PE License Approval to Sit For Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaBird1

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I did a search and didn't seem to find any good information. How long does it take for CA to approve an application to sit for the seismic and survey tests? I applied back in the middle of Feb, and haven't heard anything. I do live out of state so I had to do the ink fingerprints instead of the electronic. I just want to make sure that I get in for the 3rd quarter exams. I am currently siting in the "technical" review. I applied for commity and sent them my NCEES record. I am really pushing on trying to get this done before the code changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

I applied for license by comity in August 2022 and the technical review was completed in early October 22. I received approval to take the state exams on the same day. Good luck!

Last edited:
My application took 6 months with no deficiencies last year. Application sent in March 2022 and approved in September 2022.

If you applied in mid February, and your application has no deficiencies, I would assume you'd get approved in July or August (which puts you in Q3). If that happens, you're allowed to test in the following two quarters (Q4 or Q1 the following year).

If you get approved earlier by June (end of Q2), then you'd be allowed to test in Q3 and Q4.

Back