2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1b230379c68b354cfd13c644c6a1b5b8.jpg

116616232_10158083318154160_6563142198287479672_n.jpg

A new poll reveals Americans have a wildly overstated view of COVID-19's impact with respect to total infections and total deaths as percentage of the population.
Poll Question: How many people in your country have had COVID-19?Americans Answered: 20% (66M)Reality: 1% (3.3M)

Poll Question: How many people in your country have died from COVID-19?
Americans Answered: 9% (29.5M)
Reality: 0.04% (131K)

These are some older numbers, but still interesting. I blame it on common core math.

Just found out one of my uncles has covid, one of my cousins has it, and that cousin was around my 94yo grandmother that is now running 102 temp, and an aunt is running a fever. 🤦‍♂️

Hope they are okay - damn.

We are starting to know more and more people that have it or have had it. 

Has anyone seen the recent (2) videos of people getting nearly gored by trying to take a selfie with a F'n Buffalo up in Wyoming yesterday?

I mean honestly I sort of feel bad for these Governors because there is like 20% of the country that is really just too stupid to help themselves..And we expect anyone to take things seriously?

We should stop putting guardrail up on roads too, just too many F'n people here..

Has anyone seen the recent (2) videos of people getting nearly gored by trying to take a selfie with a F'n Buffalo up in Wyoming yesterday?

I mean honestly I sort of feel bad for these Governors because there is like 20% of the country that is really just too stupid to help themselves..And we expect anyone to take things seriously?

We should stop putting guardrail up on roads too, just too many F'n people here..
But we don't put guardrail in a lot of places we normally would when it's located in USFS because of viewshed, so I think the forest service is implementing your plan. 

There's just a large percentage of the population which feels wearing a mask is an inconvenience that is incongruent with the standard of living they're supposed to have as Americans.  From a public health standpoint I agree it's wrong, but it's not surprising.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m really starting to think you need a mask less when at the store and more when you visit family and have a cookout, most of the people we know that have had it got it at a small family or friends gathering.

Back