2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey
^ - I was about to order some of the "real ones: (for the wife) but I see they are sold out!

I personally (large head) like the ones that have the straps that go all the way around your head as compared to the KN95's that drape around the ears ( interms of just regular comfort) - glad I bought I box as Ive got to go to phoneix next week..

Ive seen these at Lowes, home depot and target (denver area) not medical grade but I figure better than my webelos bandana / neckerchief ;)

View attachment 19023
I think your N95 masks are not individually packaged, which is easy to cause pollution. Recently, I was doing business in China , and there has just been a covid outbreak here. So I found this brand and bought a few boxes of kn95 masks. The most important thing is: each piece of the mask has its own Packaging, check this photo: or you can order some from them: Protective Face Mask

Attachments

• 微信图片_20221228135811.jpg
    微信图片_20221228135811.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 0
Bumping this thread as it has been three years when I was sent to WFH from my job at the time and everything basically got shut down.

How has things changed for you since the lockdown?

• I was employed by the same company for 17 years, but got laid off at the height of the lockdown.
  • I am on my fifth job since then. I had to take a pay cuts for the first two jobs, but have worked way back to what I would consider a reasonable increase from my original position.
  • Working location status has varied significantly:
  • Original job was full time office with travel to the out of town projects for meetings and Site Reviews.
  • Job 1 was in office full time (considered essential because we had a division that did highway work). We were sent home a couple times when someone in the office caught Covid and came back after the quarantine period.
  • Job 2 was WFH because they had just opened an office and did not have a physical location yet.
  • Job 3 was a hybrid with on site 3 days and WFH 2 days.
  • Job 4 was full time office.
  • Job 5 is fully remote with travel to the out of town projects for meetings and Site Reviews.
  • We had just started using Microsoft Teams for meeting prior to the lockdown at my original job (rolled out in January 2020). Since then I also used Ring Central, Chime, Google Meet, Zoom, and Gotomeetings regularly on some point.
  • I have a pretty good home office set up with dual 27” monitors and my laptop for three screens and a sit stand desk and am very efficient working remotely. Unlimited WIFI and hotspot/cellular data helps if there are issues.
  • Got licensed in three my states at one of my employers requests (did not stay long enough to get reimbursed).
  • Got to work on variety of types of projects (residential, retail, office tenant improvement, call center, municipal, institutional, and higher education).
  • Have learned some great life lessons and have met a lot of great team members and colleagues and greatly expanded my professional network.
  • I have taken all the recommended vaccinations/boosters but caught COVID late last year (fairly sure I caught it from our Client at an OAC meeting in the jobsite trailer), but was a very mild case.

Last edited:
Back