2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man good to see you!

Sorry about your parents, I am glad you dad went to hospital and got to leave, did he end up having to go to ICU?

Hope he can get better over the next couple of months.

My parents live in Dunedin, Fl & I had to really scare the shit out of them to get them to stop hanging out with their church friends and such - I think they are behaving now but all those retired people with nothing to do tend to congregate together.

Hey man good to see you!

Sorry about your parents, I am glad you dad went to hospital and got to leave, did he end up having to go to ICU?

Hope he can get better over the next couple of months.

My parents live in Dunedin, Fl & I had to really scare the shit out of them to get them to stop hanging out with their church friends and such - I think they are behaving now but all those retired people with nothing to do tend to congregate together.
I believe he was. I forget exactly what they had to do to him, but I do remember he wasn't allowed to eat while he was there. So they just pumped him full of fluids and whatnot.

I thinks it's kind of funny how he got it. He got it from the County Health Department (he works there part-time). The county is still having the engineers go out on inspections, and they always go with a partner. Well, my dad's partner just got back from visiting her son in Jacksonville, FL. She got covid while she was there, and gave it to my dad (and who knows who else) before she started showing symptoms. Then dad gave it to mom.

Both my parents were taking it very seriously and were hardly leaving the house. I believe my dad only left to go to work at the health department, and my mom only left to go take care of my grandmother (93 yo). Some of my other aunts and uncles had to step up and help take care of my grandmother while my mom is getting over it. They normally don't help out.

when I went to Hobby Lobby last month there was a group of retired ladies that all brought lawn chairs and we having their daily ladies group in the shade of the treed medians of the parking lot to follow the social distancing rules.  

The wife and I are debating about moving back down to FL just to help them out, let them see the new baby, and be there for my mom just in case the worst happens. Apparently 75% of people that have had covid tend to have heart issues a few months later.
Oh fuck, sorry @Chattaneer PE!  I'm happy both of your parents are recovering/feeling slightly better.  My opinion on the moving thing is...if you can do it and it wouldn't mess up careers/money flow, I would do it.  Once people get older the support system becomes more important and I'm sure your mom would love to have you there, helping, letting them see the baby, and if the worst case happens you won't need to uproot yourself and the family to help your mom figure out what needs to be done/what her new stage might be.

when I went to Hobby Lobby last month there was a group of retired ladies that all brought lawn chairs and we having their daily ladies group in the shade of the treed medians of the parking lot to follow the social distancing rules.  
There were people in my neighborhood who put chairs in each corner of the driveway to socialize.

Both my parents ended up getting COVID. My mom had only minor symptoms, but my dad ended up going to the hospital. The day after my wife and I got home from the hospital with our new baby, my mom called and told me my dad has had covid for a week now and was running fever of 104. It took a lot to convince my dad to go to the hospital, but he eventually went. IDK why he didn't go as soon as he found out, especially since he has heart problems (had his first heart attack was when he was 50, he's 61 now). He was there for 3 days then was went home. He's almost over it now, however it's almost like it's aged him 10 years. He doesn't look very good and sounds horrible. The wife and I are debating about moving back down to FL just to help them out, let them see the new baby, and be there for my mom just in case the worst happens. Apparently 75% of people that have had covid tend to have heart issues a few months later.
Sorry to hear that Chatt... glad things are working out now. I hope that continues; definitely lot of unknowns.

I've know a few people that have gotten COVID, so far no major impact. I hope that continues.

Every time I go on a job site I have to answer all the questions, and I"m like ...Ok vhab, don't sniffle, don't cough, don't sneeze...as they ask if i have had any of the symptoms.  I really wanna yell YES I DO! and run away.  But the truth is, I have sniffled coughed and sneezed my way through life, and particularly bad during the summer months, so am 99.99% sure it is not COVID.

That's me right now. "Is it a sore throat from allergies or the end?" 
whenever I have to speak for more than a few minutes my throat gets dry and I have to cough a little,  so basically every zoom meeting I'm having to explain all if that....

Every time I go on a job site I have to answer all the questions, and I"m like ...Ok vhab, don't sniffle, don't cough, don't sneeze...as they ask if i have had any of the symptoms.  I really wanna yell YES I DO! and run away.  But the truth is, I have sniffled coughed and sneezed my way through life, and particularly bad during the summer months, so am 99.99% sure it is not COVID.
My co-workers and I go to a local mexican joint for lunch every Tuesday.  I always load up my meal with a shitload of hot sauce, then end up choking on it.  The past few weeks, I've been trying to stifle my coughs so we don't get kicked out.  This same chain (but another location) had a worker test positive towards the beginning of the pandemic, so I'm trying not to get them shut down.

Speaking of this, I can't tell y'all how many people from up here in TN have vacationed down in FL this summer. My family and my wife's family and both in FL, yet we haven't visited them COVID came around. Who in their right mind takes a vacation to a state with new daily cases hovering around 10k?

Speaking of this, I can't tell y'all how many people from up here in TN have vacationed down in FL this summer. My family and my wife's family and both in FL, yet we haven't visited them COVID came around. Who in their right mind takes a vacation to a state with new daily cases hovering around 10k?
I know. It's infuriating.  My hometown in South Texas is a hotspot right now since everyone decided to escape to the beach there during the pandemic. 

Never forget these assholes too...

b20dc886dd116f278700dc0d01b57c20.jpg

Both my parents ended up getting COVID. My mom had only minor symptoms, but my dad ended up going to the hospital. The day after my wife and I got home from the hospital with our new baby, my mom called and told me my dad has had covid for a week now and was running fever of 104. It took a lot to convince my dad to go to the hospital, but he eventually went. IDK why he didn't go as soon as he found out, especially since he has heart problems (had his first heart attack was when he was 50, he's 61 now). He was there for 3 days then was went home. He's almost over it now, however it's almost like it's aged him 10 years. He doesn't look very good and sounds horrible. The wife and I are debating about moving back down to FL just to help them out, let them see the new baby, and be there for my mom just in case the worst happens. Apparently 75% of people that have had covid tend to have heart issues a few months later.
Yikes.  Glad to hear they are recovering.  Very similar story as a coworker.  Back in April his whole family got it and his father in law was in the same situation and also survived barely.  Some people are taking a very long time to recover.  Hope the rate stays low here but seeing all of the packed beaches in Boston and on the Cape, increased infections seem inevitable.

Back