2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Johns Hopkins site has cases and deaths by day for every state (not in Excel format but you can pull the numbers off the graph by hovering your mouse over each day) 

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map

You have to play with the settings and select the state by drop-down menus near the top, look at daily cases on the graphs. 

Among 100 patients ages 45 to 53, "a considerable majority" - 78 - had inflammation in the heart muscle and lining. Sixty-seven had recovered at home while 33 had required hospitalization. Half of the former patients were more than two months out since their diagnosis at the time of the MRI. Thirty-six patients reported ongoing shortness of breath and general exhaustion, and 71 had blood markers of heart muscle damage. Compared with similar people who had not had COVID-19, the recently recovered patients' hearts pumped more weakly and displayed other risk factors for heart failure. Puntmann suspects the abnormalities are signs of permanent problems. "While we do not have direct evidence for late consequences yet, such as the development of heart failure ... it is quite possible that in a few years, this burden will be enormous based on what we have learned from other viral conditions that similarly affect the heart," she said.

A little late into this, but thought I'd post a little infographic about proper handwashing technique for everyone's reference:

wyl_poster-Friday-Rebecca_Black.png

6fcc2bddb4c8834401c550cb690ed21e.jpg

This is fucking brilliant

I just bought a couple more fabric masks.  My favorite ones are from a suit shop in Michigan.  I feel like they're using material that is either suit liner or used for pocket handkerchiefs, either way, they're super soft, mold to my face better, and the patterns are cute.  (suitsbysal on etsy, if anyone is interested).

They're already starting school here in Indiana.  A co-worker was talking about it and since the school district is so small they're pretty much doing nothing in response due to not having money.  His 5-year old is going into kindergarten and I'm just like...I get it, but also...you're just saying your kid shouldn't wear a mask because they're 5.

Both my parents ended up getting COVID. My mom had only minor symptoms, but my dad ended up going to the hospital. The day after my wife and I got home from the hospital with our new baby, my mom called and told me my dad has had covid for a week now and was running fever of 104. It took a lot to convince my dad to go to the hospital, but he eventually went. IDK why he didn't go as soon as he found out, especially since he has heart problems (had his first heart attack was when he was 50, he's 61 now). He was there for 3 days then was went home. He's almost over it now, however it's almost like it's aged him 10 years. He doesn't look very good and sounds horrible. The wife and I are debating about moving back down to FL just to help them out, let them see the new baby, and be there for my mom just in case the worst happens. Apparently 75% of people that have had covid tend to have heart issues a few months later.

Back