Quantcast

2019 Novel Coronavirus

Help Support Engineer Boards:

jean15paul_PE

FEA Wizard
Reaction score
Really stupid question- if "others" is vaccinated, is the unvaccinated employee a threat?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No idea. I'm guessing it comes down to what you can prove in court.

If everyone in your office is vaccinated except for you, it seems like you could argue that you're not a direct threat. On the other hand if you're a waitress serving customers, that's probably a harder argument to make since you can't know everyone's vaccine status.

Reaction score
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No idea. I'm guessing it comes down to what you can prove in court.

If everyone in your office is vaccinated except for you, it seems like you could argue that you're not a direct threat. On the other hand if you're a waitress serving customers, that's probably a harder argument to make since you can't know everyone's vaccine status.
My job (water/wastewater utility) isnt requiring vaccines, which I personally dont get, I figured people in field on regular basis would be required but doesn't appear to be case, Filled out a vaccine survey, I said anybody refusing vaccine should have to permanently telework, There are probably two people in my immediate work group who would refuse to get vaccinated,

i plan on getting vaccine ASAP because I have an elderly parent and another family meber in poor health that I take to doctor and go to store for,

jeb6294

Charter Member
Reaction score
My theory is that they tell people to keep wearing the mask even after you get the vaccine is so people can't go around without masks and claim it's okay because they've already been vaccinated. I hope that's what it is anyway, because the alternative is that they don't really know if the vaccine actually works.

Dleg

Spammer Emeritus
Reaction score
Vaccination is about a lot more than just yourself. There are people everywhere who legitimately cannot be vaccinated, for various health reasons. The entire concept of herd immunity (the actual, defined concept not the news media and Facebook concept) is that if you get a large enough percentage of the population vaccinated, then the folks who can't get vaccinated are protected. So a school district, hospital, or any other general employer who requires vaccination is basically doing that so that they are creating an environment that is safe for everyone, including the handful of students, patients, or employees who are genuinely unable to get the vaccine.

Just a hypothetical, but let's say two people file a lawsuit against the same employer. One files a lawsuit saying that they should not be required to be vaccinated because the employer cannot control what happens to their body. Another files a lawsuit saying that because the employer does not require vaccination, the workplace has become hazardous because that employee cannot be vaccinated. I wonder which would win.

And no, masks do not provide nearly the same protection as a vaccination. I challenge you to show me where any actual public health authority (e.g., CDC) has ever published that. Masks are meant to slow transmission, but to nowhere near the same degree as mass vaccination.

Latest posts