COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...I never even considered Louisville going to the SEC. And I'm not sure I like the idea. Then there would be 2 teams from Kentucky at the bottom of the SEC standings every season.

Seeing some chatter that it's Missouri that has been issued the invite to the SEC to make 14...Makes some sense.

Seeing some chatter that it's Missouri that has been issued the invite to the SEC to make 14...Makes some sense.
I think Mizzou to the Big 10 (plus 2) makes more sense. But then the Big 10 (plus 3) would need to find someone else (Notre Dame?) to get back to even numbers (Big 10 plus 4).

I'm split on where they should go.

In the SEC, they would be one of the teams that travelled the farthest. I think in the long run this would hurt your season. It would help with recruiting as you get a little more national exposure, but it could majorly backfire as well. Plus, based on performance this year so far, SEC has some really tough teams and regular season games could be as exciting as bowl games. IMO the SEC would allow for more televised games as well.

The Big 10 is a lot closer, but I don't know if its a good fit. Ohio State is the perrenial big dog in that conference and sucks up all the talent and tv time, even if they are over-hyped and ineligible. I think Mizzou could get lost in the shuffle, especially if #14 is a big name as well.

There have also been talks of Oklahoma, WVU, and Texas entertaining Big 10 joining. WVU obviously would make the most sense, but the Big 12 is going to end up disbanding, and where the few top tier teams end up is anyone's guess.

B10 would deny most schools for academic reasons, including:

WVU

Oklahoma

OKSt

All the SEC schools but UF and Vandy

There have also been talks of Oklahoma, WVU, and Texas entertaining Big 10 joining. WVU obviously would make the most sense, but the Big 12 is going to end up disbanding, and where the few top tier teams end up is anyone's guess.

WVU

Oklahoma

OKSt

Thanks... <_<

a name like Notre Dame?
Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, yes. Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan are big names that demand air time for just about every one of their games, or they complain like little :smileyballs:

While Mizzou has a stong following here in MO and the midwest, they really don't have the national draw like those schools do and would lose tv time.

WVU

Oklahoma

OKSt

I wouldn't exactly call UF an oustanding academic institution.

WVU

Oklahoma

OKSt

I'm willing to bet the B10 would waver on academic integrity if it came down to massive $.

Looks like the PAC12 is staying put, since Texas refused equal revenue sharing if it joined. Now they're also saying the Big East is going to pick up the three military academies. WTF?

I'd rather Louisville try to bolt to the Big12 (10..9..whatever)

Weaker basketball..better football.

Nebraska was in the Association of American Universities when they were voted into the B10. All the other B10 schools are AAU members.

UF and Vandy are the only SEC schools in the AAU.

B10 commish (Delany) has repeatedly said expansion is about adding institutions, not football teams.

eawvu.jpg

Erin Andrews in proper attire. :D

:wv:

WVbanana2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Any clothing at all is not what I'd consider proper for Erin Andrews.

Looks like Blowsermann is out, and Miller is in for Ohio State this weekend. Hopefully he'll be able to pull off a big game against Colorado and rejuvenate the team.

Anyone else hear a rumor about the SEC making a big announcement Sat. morning? One of the guys here at work was saying he heard that, but I trust him about as far as I can throw him...

Any clothing at all is not what I'd consider proper for Erin Andrews.

Looks like Blowsermann is out, and Miller is in for Ohio State this weekend. Hopefully he'll be able to pull off a big game against Colorado and rejuvenate the team.
Don't worry. We're just the team to debut a freshman QB against. If we don't miss a ton of tackles, we'll commit at least 12 penalties, extending your drives and killing ours. I don't give us much of a chance this week, but I'll still watch it on ABC.

Anyone else hear a rumor about the SEC making a big announcement Sat. morning? One of the guys here at work was saying he heard that, but I trust him about as far as I can throw him...

Haven't heard about a big announcement, but I have heard is that Dan Beebe is fired, and they've changed the revenue sharing agreement so that if any team leaves and goes to another conference their TV revenue (or a large portion of it) would stay in the Big 12...

Back