COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
getting ready to leave and head to the game. 8 hours of pre-game tailgating, my old ass may be passed out by 8:00pm kick-off

COUCHES WILL BURN TONIGHT, I've got a feelin'

also, an acquaintance that I know told me yesterday (he is a booster tied in to the university pretty well) that an announcement was being made today about WVU-SEC. I guess we'll find out if he's full of shit or not

I would make a comment about the LSU- :wv: game, but I dont want to get deleted again...

My condolences DV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, all that game showed is that LSU should be ranked #1 right now, as much as I despise that school with a passion.

My Buckeyes looked like a formidable team again, thank God. Braxton Miller looked pretty good. Kid can move like Pryor, but is closer to a true passer like Troy Smith was. Stayed very calm, lead the offense well, and is going to be a huge asset going forward. His numbers would have been better if our receivers could hold on to the damn ball. He was throwing them perfectly, and they were bouncing off his receivers hands and numbers.

Oh, come on, Supe. It's been 4 years since LSU spanked the Buckeyes by two touchdowns in the BCS NCG. I mean, it's the first time in a long time that a two-loss team made it to the champioinship game and then, against all odds, defeated a no-loss team. This is something that should be celebrated, right? Let it go, Supe. Let it go. :p

And on to the other OSU...poor aggies folded again at home under the machine that is the OSU Cowboys...

I think they may be afraid of Boone Pickens.

Didn't see it but my Dad called and told me the Illini Marching band got a penalty called against them while they were in the stands playing during the game...he didn't hear how many yards it cost the team because the crowd got too loud when they heard the call.

My Buckeyes looked like a formidable team again, thank God. Braxton Miller looked pretty good. Kid can move like Pryor, but is closer to a true passer like Troy Smith was. Stayed very calm, lead the offense well, and is going to be a huge asset going forward. His numbers would have been better if our receivers could hold on to the damn ball. He was throwing them perfectly, and they were bouncing off his receivers hands and numbers.

We're on our way to Columbus this weekend and hopeful Miller will look more like a freshman QB because the Spartans need some help.

MSU has showed all year that they don't have a #2 receiver and they showed at Notre Dame that they can't run against a quality defensive line.

Our D-line is pretty good, but it's VERY clear that all of our good corners went pro. Likewise for our receivers.

530+ yards of offense means nothing, when you can't make it count. What a shame too, because LSU never got a sack or really even pressure on Geno. I thought their defensive line might chew us up, but quite opposite. The score sure doesn't reflect the game, but the score is all that matters.

Guess we needed 800+ yards in that game. :D

an acquaintance that I know told me yesterday (he is a booster tied in to the university pretty well) that an announcement was being made today about WVU-SEC. I guess we'll find out if he's full of shit or not
FULL OF SHIT it appears

OMG. I laughed so f'ing hard beginning with this:

LSU's Morris Claiborne returns a kickoff for a touchdown against West Virginia. After all, LSU plays in the SEC and West Virginia doesn't..
and I didn't stop until I got to the bottom.

:lmao: :Locolaugh: :rotflmao:

The LSU / WV game kind of reminded me that the spread offense isnt all that great if you cant punch it in the endzone.....

OMG. I laughed so f'ing hard beginning with this:

LSU's Morris Claiborne returns a kickoff for a touchdown against West Virginia. After all, LSU plays in the SEC and West Virginia doesn't..
and I didn't stop until I got to the bottom.

:lmao: :Locolaugh: :rotflmao:
Even the photo in that article shows one of the rediculous holds on that return. 3 missed tackles, and the holds missed by the refs. That play was a sham. I was sitting in row 8, and the really blatant one was in front of me, and the ref was right there, so I said, well its coming back.

Was I wrong. But found out the refs were in the SEC too.

given, I'm not saying that hold would have made the difference in the game, but it was a big turning point. The game wasn't lopsided by any means.

Even the photo in that article shows one of the rediculous holds on that return.
In this photo? :huh:

OB-PU714_cfoot0_G_20110925115130.jpg

Arkansas-Ohio State: Although Ohio State's 2011 Sugar Bowl victory over Arkansas has been vacated because of the Buckeyes' rules violations, and even though Arkansas is no Florida or LSU (i.e., the sort of A-list peer Ohio State should aspire to beat), the SEC will permit Buckeye fans to fondly remember that game. (Although OSU's official bowl record against the SEC remains 0-9.)

^-- LOL, I didnt know the WSJ had folks with a sense of humor (not that the article isnt 99% accurate)

From the Rice MOB. I actually saw this in person...hehe.

"We congratulate the S.E.C. and the Big 12, as both conferences improve their average IQ"...and it's goodbye to A&M.

View attachment 4673

Back