Where to get your PE stamp?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as an FYI, Our electronic files are native AutoCAD files at PE Stamps and not exported from other software.  We sell our DWG files which have the original line work with straight lines and circles, not the messy files you get from exporting to DXF. 

Just as an FYI, Our electronic files are native AutoCAD files at PE Stamps and not exported from other software.  We sell our DWG files which have the original line work with straight lines and circles, not the messy files you get from exporting to DXF. 
Wish I had known that prior.  Is is possible to just order the DXF/DWG?

Wish I had known that prior.  Is is possible to just order the DXF/DWG?
@James Hall

:plusone:

Last edited by a moderator:
@James Hall

Is there any way you can post examples of your TIF, JPEG, and DWG products?
Umm....well depending on your state, they will look like this:  http://www.pestamps.com/product-category/engineer-seals/

There will be little difference (other than file size and overall resolution) between the JPEG and TIFF files.  The DWG seal will look virtually the same as the other two (while in a zoomed-out view) only one will be able to see the actual detailed CAD line-work while zoomed-in.  And the DWG file will "play nicer" with drawing packages vs. importing the JPEG/TIFF variety.

Umm....well depending on your state, they will look like this:  http://www.pestamps.com/product-category/engineer-seals/

There will be little difference (other than file size and overall resolution) between the JPEG and TIFF files.  The DWG seal will look virtually the same as the other two (while in a zoomed-out view) only one will be able to see the actual detailed CAD line-work while zoomed-in.  And the DWG file will "play nicer" with drawing packages vs. importing the JPEG/TIFF variety.
Fair enough. I wasn't sure if those were stock photos. Thank you.

Those photos are actually PDF's of our actual stamps.  They will look exactly like the pictures at the link posted above.

Our rubber stamps and self-inking stamps are laser cut as well to give a much cleaner image than the older polymer systems.  If you have clear rubber, yours is the polymer type stamps.  The states with designs and state seals in the center have much more definition when cut with a laser.

Update on order with @PE Stamps:

As the above post indicates, ordered around 11:30am on Friday (5/20). I ordered a self-inking stamp and electronic stamps (dwg, tiff, and jpeg).

Several hours later at 9:00pm, I received all my electronic stamps.

Today (5/23), my self-inking stamp was in my mailbox.

These folks don't mess around and quality is top notch.

I highly recommend @PE Stamps if you're looking for your first stamp (like I was) or looking to update/upgrade your stamp.

Update on order with @PE Stamps:

As the above post indicates, ordered around 11:30am on Friday (5/20). I ordered a self-inking stamp and electronic stamps (dwg, tiff, and jpeg).

Several hours later at 9:00pm, I received all my electronic stamps.

Today (5/23), my self-inking stamp was in my mailbox.

These folks don't mess around and quality is top notch.

I highly recommend @PE Stamps if you're looking for your first stamp (like I was) or looking to update/upgrade your stamp.
Thank you for your feedback and the recommendation.

Do I have to use my middle initial on the stamp?  Can it just be my first and last name?

Another question... should I buy 1 5/8" stamp or 2" stamp?  What did everyone else do?  Is there a "standard" ?

Do I have to use my middle initial on the stamp?  Can it just be my first and last name?
Rule 137.31 (d) "All seals obtained and used by license holders shall contain any given name, commonly accepted variation of the given name, or initial combination with the surname as currently listed with the board and in the usual written signature. Nicknames shall not be permitted on a seal in lieu of a given name or initial combination. The name can be displayed on the seal using all uppercase letters such as "LESLIE H. DOE" or using the standard combination of upper and lowercase letters, such as "Leslie H. Doe"."

Another question... should I buy 1 5/8" stamp or 2" stamp?  What did everyone else do?  Is there a "standard" ?
Rule 137.31 (b) "Physical and electronic seals shall be of the design illustrated in this section and shall be no larger than two inches. Regardless of seal size the engineer's name and number must be clearly legible."

I purchased the 1 5/8" from at @PE Stamps.

For Texas; no larger than 2 inches.  We only offer 1 5/8" on our website as it seems to be the most common size in our experience, but others may disagree.

Back