Where to get your PE stamp?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just picked up a new state, ordered the stamp from engineerseals.com. The stamp is much higher quality than the one I received from Acorn a few years (get the full image when stamping and handle stays on). The difference was so big that I went ahead and ordered one to replace the Acorn stamp.

wow, you really have it out for acorn. even after you'd get a free replacement from them?

Is that for me? Not really...Just commenting on the excellent value/experience from another vendor so that others may benefit. But now that I re-read that last post, it does sound a bit vindictive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am trying Acorn.  One thing I really liked was the DXF that comes with it for free.  I'm going to have to order another state stamp soon, so I will base that decision on how this one looks/performs/etc.

Well, I am trying Acorn.  One thing I really liked was the DXF that comes with it for free.  I'm going to have to order another state stamp soon, so I will base that decision on how this one looks/performs/etc.
Let me know how the DXF from Acorn looks when you get it. I asked for one from the place I ordered mine and they sent it (although they indicated they do not typically) but it looks like a low quality raster-to-vector conversion. They also sent a jpg that looks great, but that's not much help for getting a functional dxf. If you are happy with your dxf I might just have to pay the $15 and buy electronic files from Acorn since my physical stamp is already ordered.

Let me know how the DXF from Acorn looks when you get it. I asked for one from the place I ordered mine and they sent it (although they indicated they do not typically) but it looks like a low quality raster-to-vector conversion. They also sent a jpg that looks great, but that's not much help for getting a functional dxf. If you are happy with your dxf I might just have to pay the $15 and buy electronic files from Acorn since my physical stamp is already ordered.
Sure thing.

I got a proof of the DXF yesterday and wasn't overly impressed by it.  The circular lines aren't circles, etc.  Sounds like the conversion you've seen before-- raster to vector conversion.  Also, the parts that are supposed to be ink filled are blank, so it's just outlines of the text etc. A couple of letters in the the word "Engineer" even run together, although they don't in the JPEG and TIFF they sent. I contacted them about the quality and they responded by sending a new one that looks just like the other.  Apparently, they use Corel to make the jpeg, tiff, and DXF and it is what it is. 

So my number is 00##### but the stamp only asks for 5 numbers, I asked some friends and got a mixed batch of results from all 7 to just the 5 that aren't zeros any rules on this? This is in CO, so I'm not sure if it changes state to state. 

So my number is 00##### but the stamp only asks for 5 numbers, I asked some friends and got a mixed batch of results from all 7 to just the 5 that aren't zeros any rules on this? This is in CO, so I'm not sure if it changes state to state. 
Always safest to contact the state board.

Count me as another satisfied engineerseals.com customer.  They had a pre-inked stamp in my hands before Christmas, which made it my favorite gift this year.

On a side note, I found they also offer refill ink for the pre-inked stamp variety.  However, I've been using the digital/CAD seal more often these days anyway.  Perhaps the physical stamps are soon to become relics?

On a side note, I found they also offer refill ink for the pre-inked stamp variety.  However, I've been using the digital/CAD seal more often these days anyway.  Perhaps the physical stamps are soon to become relics?
I thought we lived in a paperless society already?

I got a proof of the DXF yesterday and wasn't overly impressed by it.  The circular lines aren't circles, etc.  Sounds like the conversion you've seen before-- raster to vector conversion.  Also, the parts that are supposed to be ink filled are blank, so it's just outlines of the text etc. A couple of letters in the the word "Engineer" even run together, although they don't in the JPEG and TIFF they sent. I contacted them about the quality and they responded by sending a new one that looks just like the other.  Apparently, they use Corel to make the jpeg, tiff, and DXF and it is what it is. 
That sounds almost identical to mine so I guess I'll just leave it alone. Thanks for sharing!

That sounds almost identical to mine so I guess I'll just leave it alone. Thanks for sharing!
I will say that the JPEG, TIFF and the actual stamp are great.  They were quick to try to address the DXF issues, but in the end were unable to offer anything better.  I am still satisfied with everything else.

I will say that the JPEG, TIFF and the actual stamp are great.  They were quick to try to address the DXF issues, but in the end were unable to offer anything better.  I am still satisfied with everything else.
Same here - JPEG and physical stamp are great from the place I got mine. I did not request a TIFF, but looking at Acorn where you bought yours it looks like the TIFF comes standard.

Back