Where to get your PE stamp?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EngineerSeals.com has been in business for over 37 years. Most orders placed by noon is shipped the same day.

Lifetime guarantee. If there ever is a problem, we would like to be the first to know about it. We appreciate all of the positive comments.

The self inking stamp is a rubber stamp with a built in stamp pad. It flips over and hits a pad each time you use it.

The pre-ink has the ink impregnated into the rubber itself. It also uses an oil based ink that lasts for thousands of impressions

before you have to re-ink.

We make both but the pre-inked is our best seller. Our prices are very good without coupons.

Check us out on engineerseals.com. Congrats!

I have pre-ink. I would recommend that especially if you a have a lot of drawings to stamp. Some states use embossers, so check. I think NJ is one of them.

Does anyone know if the pre-ink stamp dries out over time? Especially if you don't use it often?

I don't know if I'll ever stamp anything, so I bought an inkpad. I figured I can replace that easily if needed.

Eventually it will but not sure on how long since mine sits in my desk drawer most often. Today with how digital everything is, I just ensure that drafting/admin adds my seal with my digital file. So much easier than stamping every page. But in the event you actually need your physical stamp and it begins to dry out, Engineerseals (who I purchased from) offers a small tube of refill ink. The handle of the pre-inked variety opens and few drops restores the stamp's ink supply. I asked about it when purchasing and they added a small tube to my order. The real question now, when does the tube dry up? LOL. HTH

I like how RI is "Approved Vendors Only." Kind of takes the freedom of choice out of it.

I saw someone with a custom stamp... he had a surfboard in his. It still looked professional and met all the requirements. Just something to consider if you are getting a stamp. I have no idea where he got it though.
I know for PA, it has to look a certain way per PA Code. What state allowed that? I would like to move there. I could probably take the test in October there and have my results before PA releases the results from April.

My company bought mine from engineerseals.com 3 years ago. I have the pre-inked one and have probably only stamped about 10 things, but it still works great.

I saw someone with a custom stamp... he had a surfboard in his. It still looked professional and met all the requirements. Just something to consider if you are getting a stamp. I have no idea where he got it though.
I know for PA, it has to look a certain way per PA Code. What state allowed that? I would like to move there. I could probably take the test in October there and have my results before PA releases the results from April.
This is in California. They have minimum requirements for the stamp, but nothing that says you can't add anything else. Again, he did in a very professional manner that you wouldn't even noticed unless you really looked.

EngineerSeals.com has been in business for over 37 years. Most orders placed by noon is shipped the same day.

Lifetime guarantee. If there ever is a problem, we would like to be the first to know about it. We appreciate all of the positive comments.

EngineerSeals.com is awesome, quality stamp and fast shipping. just weighing in with my recommendation.

I ordered mine through PEStamps.com yesterday. They had the best price with free shipping. I received my electronic ones the same day I ordered. I'll report back when I receive the rubber stamp in the mail.

I was sorry to read that someone had a problem with the embossing seal handles. Those are covered under your lifetime warranty and all of our professional products are backed with our state board guarantee. It was really strange to get the email earlier today but I can be reached at [email protected].

It's pretty consistent, the handles are press-fit into the hole on the base. When going to make a good stamp impression all the way around the seal the handles loosen up and come out after several impressions. A little bit of hot glue seems to tighten them up.

I ordered mine from PEstamps and received a rubber stamp instead of the self inking and James at Pestamps was quick to respond and will be shipping out my self inking stamp as soon as they can.

I ordered mine through PEStamps.com yesterday. They had the best price with free shipping. I received my electronic ones the same day I ordered. I'll report back when I receive the rubber stamp in the mail.

My reported feedback:

Good quality and stamps well. I purchased a rubber stamp. Shipping was a little slower than I expected, but I wasn't in a great hurry. Besides, shipping was free. They had the best prices out of all the other websites I looked at.

I got my pre-inked on Amazon. They were cheaper ($23.25 and free S&H) than the two sites that post on here, and they send you a proof beforehand (I asked) once you give them all your info.

This is where I get all my stamps, good quality stamp and it is the least expensive option that I've found. You order through Amazon and then the vendor contacts you asking your info.

Back