Where to get your PE stamp?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay one more question... should I get my name in all caps or in upper and lower case?  Texas says either is fine.  What did everyone else do?

I just ordered a self-inking and electronic stamp from engineerseals.com .  I wasn't super happy about the price, but the state of Utah requires your stamp to be 1-1/2 inches in diameter, as opposed to the more common sizes of 1-5/8 or 2 inches. I tried going to pestamps.com and they only offered 1-5/8 inches, while engineerseals.com offered both 1-5/8 and 1-1/2 inches. Again, not totally happy about the price, and I tried searching everywhere for a coupon code, but found nothing. I will be happy to post an update on shipping speed, quality of stamp, customer service, etc for anyone that cares.

^^ If it means anything, UT requires a 1.5" minimum diameter for an engineering seal. You could have ordered it at PE Stamps.

I think I ordered stamps from all three EB advertisers. (Engineer Seals, Acorn, & PE Stamps.) All three are good, just look for whatever price is the best when it's time to order.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ If it means anything, UT requires a 1.5" minimum diameter for an engineering seal. You could have ordered it at PE Stamps.

I think I ordered stamps from all three EB advertisers. (Engineer Seals, Acorn, & PE Stamps.) All three are good, just look for whatever price is the best when it's time to order.
Ballz....you're totally right. Oh well, Engineer Seals has been good so far despite being a little more expensive. They were quick to send me my electronic seal (within about 4 hours). Excited to get my pre-inking stamp....should be here Monday.

Anyone know what direction the embosser seals from engineerseals.com come in? The website doesn't specify when you attempt to order. Other websites let you choose between right, left, top, bottom.

I need one that's positioned so you can stamp from the bottom of the sheet.

I got one for PE stamps also...  pocket stamp pre inked.  Love the crisp look it gives!  Also, I am a doof and spelled my name incorrectly when I typed it in, and they checked with me to make sure that was what I meant then corrected it for me.

Anyone know what direction the embosser seals from engineerseals.com come in? The website doesn't specify when you attempt to order. Other websites let you choose between right, left, top, bottom.

I need one that's positioned so you can stamp from the bottom of the sheet.
If I'm not mistaken, sealed from bottom is the default configuration.  For those that seal from the side, is it really important which direction the seal is? 

If I'm not mistaken, sealed from bottom is the default configuration.  For those that seal from the side, is it really important which direction the seal is? 
I'd like to think that side sealers would orient the seal so that its "bottom" is pointed toward the bottom of the page, at least that's how I'd want it to be, but I'm OCD about silly stuff like that.

I understand that,  but for the most part it's not easy to see the raised seal unless you're really trying to read what it says. For inked I'd want it to be straight, but for embossed not sure that it would make a big deal.

I wanted a pre-inked stamp and long reach embosser. I ended up using stamp-connection.com for a few reasons.

They were selling the same embosser (manufactured by Shiny) for $43.50 vs. the $56.50 that engineerseals.com was selling it for. The X-stamper N52 pre-inked stamp I purchased from stamp-connection was almost double the price of the MaxLight pre-inked stamp sold at engineerseals, but my coworker has the N52, and the quality of that stamp simply can't be beat. If Florida's seal were just a tad smaller, I could've gone with the N53 stamp which is sold at a much more reasonable price.

Anyway, long story short, I got the same embosser for less $$, a better stamp (IMO) for more $$, and spent $2 less at stamp-connection since they offer free shipping.

Oh, and I opted for purple ink!

As an update to my previous post - for anyone looking to get a "long reach" embosser who wants to know the TRUE dimension between the edge of the paper and the edge of the seal (thus the total clearance between seal's edge and paper's edge), for the Shiny model sold at engineerseals.com and elsewhere, it is 1.2" inches. This is for the Florida seal which is 1 7/8" in diameter.

Engineerseals claims 2.75" inches between paper edge and center of seal. I found it to be closer to 2.1".

Anyway, if you think you'll need more than 1.2", opt for the XLR (extra long reach) embosser.

wTKMEff.jpg

Okay, I read that rule, but still wasn't sure.  So.... middle initial required?

Also, @PE Stamps website isn't working.

(need stamp for Texas)
In New York they recommend whatever name the license has been registered with, so I am stuck using my entire middle name.  I believe that is suggested because the on Online license lookup site is not very forgiving when someone simply types in a name. My mother was from Louisiana, so I wound up with the middle name 'Ray' - which would probably be fine in Texas, however in New York it always seems to result in a raised eyebrow :rolleyes:

Back