~~**-- The Weather Thread --**~~

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got sunburned (a bit) over the weekend. VERY NICE INDEED!!!!!

I am enjoying hearing everyone complain how hot it is? WTF people!

My 7 y/o said it was "frigging hot" today. Oh how fast They grow up.

will this rain ever stop...the next 10 tens are predicted to rain, the past couple weeks have been the same. THis constant state of stormfronts is killing my sinuses and my ears.

jyje8ude.jpg

Forecast discussion for tonight and tomorrow is saying a possibility of two distinct derechos. The worst power outage in my employer's history was a derecho in 1998 with winds up to 130 mph, resulting in almost 900,000 customers out of power. Should be an interesting couple of days.

The "Southern Great Lakes Derecho of 1998" traveled 975 miles from southern Minnesota to north central New York in 15 hours, with an average speed of 65 mph. It became one of the most damaging North American derechos in history, destroying over 400 homes and businesses and damaging almost 20,000 others. Total damage estimates were close to $300 million in 1998 U.S. dollars. Almost 2 million customers were left without power, some for many days. For some electrical power companies in Wisconsin and Lower Michigan this event was the most damaging weather event in their history. Six people were killed and over 200 were injured by this major derecho on the last weekend in May 1998.

Was hoping for some rain to cool things down today, to no avail. Was in the low 90's yesterday afternoon. So humid when I left this morning that I couldn't keep the windshield or mirrors from fogging up.

Forecast discussion for tonight and tomorrow is saying a possibility of two distinct derechos. The worst power outage in my employer's history was a derecho in 1998 with winds up to 130 mph, resulting in almost 900,000 customers out of power. Should be an interesting couple of days.

The "Southern Great Lakes Derecho of 1998" traveled 975 miles from southern Minnesota to north central New York in 15 hours, with an average speed of 65 mph. It became one of the most damaging North American derechos in history, destroying over 400 homes and businesses and damaging almost 20,000 others. Total damage estimates were close to $300 million in 1998 U.S. dollars. Almost 2 million customers were left without power, some for many days. For some electrical power companies in Wisconsin and Lower Michigan this event was the most damaging weather event in their history. Six people were killed and over 200 were injured by this major derecho on the last weekend in May 1998.
A lot of wind and storm damage over night in southern WI. Mainly in Dane County and on the campus of my undergraduate university (Platteville). Close to 10k without power today. How's things by you?

A lot of wind and storm damage over night in southern WI. Mainly in Dane County and on the campus of my undergraduate university (Platteville). Close to 10k without power today. How's things by you?

Not much happening here so far, but there are a few outages and a report of a tornado in the northern lower Michigan.

Back