The wait is killing me

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and unfortunately, I dont drink....  :true: :true:
Never too late to take on new projects! :D

go on the elliptical or bike while watching something funny. it helps. I've gotten through almost an entire season of the office since april 13... 
All while heart rate is non-existent with only 50% or less effort. :thumbs:

What do you mean? What new issues for this cycle?
Read above. I also posted regarding this.

I work full time and have a 2 year old. The only thing thats getting worked out is my liver
so much respect for people who take this exam with a family. I'm single and in grad school right now and even though it totally sucks, I would much rather balance homework w/exam prep than another human being / a family w/exam prep.. 

so much respect for people who take this exam with a family. I'm single and in grad school right now and even though it totally sucks, I would much rather balance homework w/exam prep than another human being / a family w/exam prep.. 
I am in grad school as well, needed squeezing from daily work for exam prep.

Not everyone is happy with me for doing this because I cant meet other requirements like the research or other work in the meantime. 

But suffer a little from now is better than have it later years.

haha I'm in the same boat. Everytime I log in to NCEES and see a green box (from my FE result) my heart jumps...
Not sure how it goes in other states, but in CA we'll get an email from our board right as results are released so there's really no point in refreshing the NCEES page (although I wish it made a difference). Like most people I get my email through my phone so it pings me when I get that message.

Hi guys, going to the gym is the best way to kill this waiting anxiety! it helped me a lot last year
This is what I've been doing. Getting back into lifting after having a spotty training schedule the last couple months.

Precisely
425d4bfa63dd0501bf7c97657478a325.jpg

Not sure how it goes in other states, but in CA we'll get an email from our board right as results are released so there's really no point in refreshing the NCEES page (although I wish it made a difference). Like most people I get my email through my phone so it pings me when I get that message.
I'm in CA as well and I don't remember getting an email from the state board notifying me of the results, just the one from NCEES...at any rate, I won't be logging into my account until I get that email...3 more weeks at least !... ugh....

I'm in CA as well and I don't remember getting an email from the state board notifying me of the results, just the one from NCEES...at any rate, I won't be logging into my account until I get that email...3 more weeks at least !... ugh....
Some people have noted and posted that the alert email can arrive anywhere from seconds to 30 min after the results are posted online.

Get those F5 keys ready!

Some people have noted and posted that the alert email can arrive anywhere from seconds to 30 min after the results are posted online.

Get those F5 keys ready!
I'm telling you.... today has been especially bad for me. My anxiety has been through the roof!....those exam results can't come fast enough....

It happens every time. Gotta work out those new test kinks.

We can almost always retroactively attribute a results release delay due to an exam committee meeting post-test to discuss any anomalies and establish the cut score. The larger tests (CE, EE, ME, etc) proactively schedule these meetings so it typically doesn't impact the release date much. The larger tests also get screened by a lot more people before release too which cuts back on anomalies. But the smaller tests (nuclear, petro, ag, FP, etc) often scheduled ad-hoc and it delays things a few weeks. The larger tests committees are run by NCEES, whereas the smaller test committees tend to be run by professional societies. Obviously the NCEES committees are more sensitive to the schedule needs and can actually pay people to attend meetings. Professional societies, tend to be volunteers who need to take off time from work and schedule last minute flights cross country on their own dime. The implications here are obvious.

We usually see delays due to new tests for October exams but it can happen for April too.

So now that you have the background you want to know how it may actually effect you? This cycle all of the Electrical exams, Environmental, and Architectural exams have updated their questions and format. Per the civil webpage:  Const, Struct, and Geo have also updated their test too but this isn't reflected fully in exam content PDFs so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . EE and Envr meet May 18-19 at NCESS for an exam standard setting study meeting. Architectural also meets May 18-19 at a different location for their standard setting study meeting (source: https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/2_Licensure-Exchange_April-2018.pdf on page 11). I don't see anything about CE meetings. If those meetings are held specifically to discuss the new exam then you shouldn't expect results until a few business days after those meetings. The name implies its a cut score meeting. But it's possible that those meetings might not be related to the new exam and there may not be a delay as a result. If CE has to hold a meeting all bets are off.

Meetings may also be needed to address new problems that arise with established exam questions. Or NCEES may need to investigate something that happened at a test site and need more time to complete their work. It's rare that that alone would cause a delay but the possibility can't be discounted.

And don't get me started on the rumor about how the new pencil erasers are screwing with things. That has the October 2014 pencil lead fiasco written all over it.

tl;dr nominal release around May 23-25
I see. So does this result in a lower cut score? I know it’s not available information but I had to guess a lot and felt like there were many questions I didn’t study so left the test feeling like I failed, and still feel like that despite 3 months of studying and taking a course. 

go to the gym also, run run run!!!! sweat sweat sweat!!! make your life busy in a good way!
Oh yes.... doing that too. Studying for the PE added 10 lbs to my waistline so now working on getting rid of it...

Back