The wait is killing me

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sure it will be at least a full month from now, if not more, so I don’t feel the need to drive myself insane checking Ncees. I figure it’ll get posted here anyway when they start getting released. Besides, I’m pretty sure I got an  email when my FE results got posted.

I do wonder if they update the stats on the website of % of test takers who passed, before or after they individually release results. 

https://ncees.org/engineering/pe/pass-rates/

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, hmm in my case, busy at work and I like to drink wine at night and play video games so I didn't really feel checking ncees..whats killing me though is my itchy hands to get the PE seal. Lol

I’m sure it will be at least a full month from now, if not more, so I don’t feel the need to drive myself insane checking Ncees. I figure it’ll get posted here anyway when they start getting released. Besides, I’m pretty sure I got an  email when my FE results got posted.

I do wonder if they update the stats on the website of % of test takers who passed, before or after they individually release results. 

https://ncees.org/engineering/pe/pass-rates/
Typically after... and not the first day if I remember right since all states don't release the same day.

I took on October and did the same as you said everyday. Finally day came and the result was out. Time will go on. All the best.

I'm buried at work after not working any OT because I was studying - and still I have time to be a little obsessive checking this site.  I appreciate the commiseration!

I'm buried at work after not working any OT because I was studying - and still I have time to be a little obsessive checking this site.  I appreciate the commiseration!
I have a little ritual at work every morning... I check this site to see what's new.. haha..

I have a little ritual at work every morning... I check this site to see what's new.. haha..
Only checking once a day in the morning? It's still early yet. Give it a couple weeks, as the stress builds up everyone starts checking every few minutes.

same here...can't stop myself from thinking about questions I may have missed.

I totally logged in everyday for weeks...just in case.  You think it's bad now, though.  Wait until NCEES does release results, but then your state decides to wait a couple of days before letting them release your results.  Pass or Fail, it's the longest couple of days of your life.  For the Oct 2017 exam release, NCEES surprised everyone and released results about a week earlier than expected.  Best of luck to everyone!!

same here...can't stop myself from thinking about questions I may have missed.
yesterday I absolutely loathed myself for not being sure of like 3 environmental remediation questions. ugh. and then was paranoid that every "right" answer I got was actually just a trick and that I got the whole exam wrong. 

SOS

my anxiety was through the roof yesterday.. sunday scaries to a whole new level.  :mellow:
I've only heard about 4 other people reference the sunday scaries. They're real, and very scary!

I had them too. Nursing a hangover all day sunday convincing myself I failed...even though I walked out feeling AWESOME.

This sucks!

I've only heard about 4 other people reference the sunday scaries. They're real, and very scary!

I had them too. Nursing a hangover all day sunday convincing myself I failed...even though I walked out feeling AWESOME.

This sucks!
So I failed my first time (by about 5 questions so I didn't bomb it by any means), and this second time I felt much, much better... but I have so much emotional baggage from failing the first time that I'm paranoid AF that I failed again this time. 

ALSO the scariest part about feeling like it went so much better this time is how the F will I prepare to take it again in the event that I do fail??? I thought it went well...

giphy.gif

I totally logged in everyday for weeks...just in case.  You think it's bad now, though.  Wait until NCEES does release results, but then your state decides to wait a couple of days before letting them release your results.  Pass or Fail, it's the longest couple of days of your life.
200w.gif

Only checking once a day in the morning? It's still early yet. Give it a couple weeks, as the stress builds up everyone starts checking every few minutes.
Oh yes... I remember....especially the week when NCEES announces results and you start seeing new threads popping out every 5 min... PA is out !.. ..NY is out!....CA results are out !!... so on and so forth....and then the nail-biting begins haha... good times.

So I failed my first time (by about 5 questions so I didn't bomb it by any means), and this second time I felt much, much better... but I have so much emotional baggage from failing the first time that I'm paranoid AF that I failed again this time. 

ALSO the scariest part about feeling like it went so much better this time is how the F will I prepare to take it again in the event that I do fail??? I thought it went well...

giphy.gif
I have the same reservations about this last time taking the exam. I felt very good about it, but then I start thinking....what if.. what IF I fail again. What would I change about my study habits this time? I did so many problems, reinforced concepts, bought new study guides, started a study group, definitely put in my time... I just don't know what else I could do different next time. Hoping and praying that all my hard work will pay off in a few weeks.... ugh... 

Good luck to us all and let's hope we don't have to do this again...

Welcome to phase 1 of the post-exam emotional roller-coaster.

Phase 2 (second-guessing) will start to set in over the next few days. You will start to forget small (but important) pieces of the exam and forget how you answered the question, but will remember just enough so that you keep trying to re-calculate the answers in your head. You will slowly begin to convince yourself that you got it wrong.

Phase 3 (worry) will follow within a few weeks. At this point, you've convinced yourself that you've missed a few problems, but you *should* still be ok.

After worring for about a month (we're now within a couple weeks of results at this point), you'll jump into full blown doubt (Phase 4). You are now certain that you missed way too many questions to stand a chance at passing.

Many people begin to formulate ways to calculate the cut-score. This is a sub-Phase that can happen any time between Phase 2 and Phase 4.

Once you've lost hope of passing, you'll move into Phase 5 (anger) over the fact that it's taken way too **** long to grade a simple scantron and the guys at NCEES are morons for taking so long. I mean, really, 6-8 weeks to feed a scantron into a f*ing machine, COME ON!! Another source of anger stems from all of the "Not this **** again" and "Don't try to calc it because it's worthless" responses to all of your cut-score posts.

Finally, you'll hit Phase 6 (results). Each person reacts differently at this point whether they passed or not, how many times they've taken it, financial implications, expectations, etc. Regardless of how the results come out, at this point you will find that the CAB of your choice is very welcomed to either celebrate or cry into.
Welcome to Phase 4!

In about a week or so you'll enter the worst part: Phase 5.

Back