The Running Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and Mrs NJ did run this morning. 3 miles. Then we went apple picking. That was another mile hike up and down the hills of an orchard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

S1e4_hungry_for_apples.png

So me and a few guys have decided to sign up for a Spartan race in June. What did I just get myself into?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So me and a few guys have decided to sign up for a Spartan race in June. What did I just get myself into?
That's awesome! I did the Trifecta back in 2014. It was definitely one of the things I'm most proud of having ever done, but I haven't yet felt the need to ever do it again.

What length did you sign up for? If I were to do another, it would preferably be of the Super length. I'm tempted to do the Sprints (particularly the ones held in baseball parks, for the novelty), but it's physically tough to do so many obstacles over such a relatively long distance. Meanwhile, the Beast took me literally over 8 hours to complete. The Super is the right mix for me!

Then again, what  good are they if they are not physically challenging? Ha!

Good luck! Let me know if you survive the rope climb. I was only able to do it once. I forget which distance it was on.

Got in a run yesterday while the air quality was a little better around these parts... But I still think the air was affecting me. I have a Pumpkin Run 10k with the fiance this Sunday, luckily it'll be further south on the coast here, so here's hoping the effects won't be as bad.

In more fun news... The prize is a pumpkin!

I bought a pair of Hooka shoes for when I have to run on pavement,  these things are comfy!

Anyone use them?  The running store guy told me the only bad things he has heard is that they are maybe only good for 200 miles and after that the arch supports and cushion drops steadily to zero?

I bought a pair of Hooka shoes for when I have to run on pavement,  these things are comfy!

Anyone use them?  The running store guy told me the only bad things he has heard is that they are maybe only good for 200 miles and after that the arch supports and cushion drops steadily to zero?
Firstly, Hooka makes me think you're trying to say hooker... Or hookah. Haha! They're Hoka, but I imagine that was just a typo.

I've never actually bought a pair, but have tried them on in the store. They were comfy, but just too darned weird feeling in terms of how they made my feet take the actual steps for me to actually want to invest. I'm a human; I'm averse to change.

That being said, I've heard the same thing about the low mileage. You'll have to report back on how that goes!

I'm looking at the new Brooks PureCadence shoes as possible holiday presents this year. I love, love, love those shoes. My current ones are starting to feel a little worn out, but I can probably make it another two months in them.

Back