The Running Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes obvious (phone) typo..

they do feel weird walking in them, but feel great running in them.

That's kinda what i mean. The words escaped me earlier, but I felt like it was way too easy to run, if that makes sense. It was a weird feeling.

Ran that 10k yesterday! It was good, but I really need to work on negative splits in races. If I could have completely inverted my splits, while it would have likely been a bit impossible, it would have been amazing!

That being said, I ended up with what I believe to be a 10k PR (to be fair, I don't really run 10k's any more, so I get most of my 10k times from running half marathons, but I can confirm this  was several minutes faster than the last 10k I remember doing in probably 2012), a top 20 overall finisher (19th out of 158), and second in my age group. The fiancé killed it. Came in 5th overall!

Ran that 10k yesterday! It was good, but I really need to work on negative splits in races. If I could have completely inverted my splits, while it would have likely been a bit impossible, it would have been amazing!
That being said, I ended up with what I believe to be a 10k PR (to be fair, I don't really run 10k's any more, so I get most of my 10k times from running half marathons, but I can confirm this  was several minutes faster than the last 10k I remember doing in probably 2012), a top 20 overall finisher (19th out of 158), and second in my age group. The fiancé killed it. Came in 5th overall!
Nice job Leggo!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm late to this thread, but I'm a runner.  Last fall into this past spring, I actually did a program in my community where I ran all 162 miles of city owned roads.  I'm the Public Works Director for my town, so that's why I did that.  But I was just out running one day and noticed some catch basins that needed some work, so I snapped a picture and sent it to my streets division superintendent.  I then started thinking, hey, why not do this all over town?  It launched a pretty cool thing that the community really supported and enjoyed reading about on the Public Works facebook page.

Anyway, yesterday, I ran 5.5 miles.  I usually run three to four times per week, between 4 and 6 miles at a time.  I love it.  I don't really do races, I have, but I'm not avid into them.  I'm also an Army reservist, so I have to stay in shape for my part time job.

How about your yoga pants?
lt0tr.jpg

I registered myself and the fiancé for Bay to Breakers yesterday! Halloween was the lowest price they'll apparently ever offer registration. The race isn't until Memorial Day Weekend, but it's  an absolute blast!

Also, I'll be taking the day off from work this Friday to help coordinate the replacement event for the Ragnar Napa Relay that was supposed to be happening this Friday-Saturday, but had to be cancelled due to the fires here in the north bay. (Thankfully, the fires are mostly contained)

As a replacement event (they are also offering transfers and another form of reimbursement, I believe), Ragnar is coordinating a 5 mile run in SF, as well as a lot of volunteer shifts in and around the areas affected by the fires. It's shaping up to look like what I hope will be a fantastic tribute to the race that couldn't be held, and more importantly, fundraiser and rally for the communities affected by the devastation.

Leggo, ever hear of the Tough Mudder?

https://toughmudder.com/

There are some people at my office who do this as well as Ragnar and they love it. At the end of the Tough Mudder, there is a free beer for racers at the finish line though. :)

Leggo, ever hear of the Tough Mudder?

https://toughmudder.com/

There are some people at my office who do this as well as Ragnar and they love it. At the end of the Tough Mudder, there is a free beer for racers at the finish line though. :)
Yep, I've heard of Tough Mudder. I learned about it around the same time as I was doing Spartan races. I got immediately turned off from Tough Mudders though, when a friend did one and got electrocuted on his forehead and was knocked out for a few minutes. He came back to and finished the race (he's insane), but that was a major turn off!

Do Tough Mudders still do the dangling live electrical wires?

Also, on a more general note... To me, Tough Mudders seemed to be more about shocking your physical system and seeing how much it could take, whereas Spartan races seemed to be more about physical strength and endurance in terms of strength. The latter appealed to me much more!

Yes they still have the wires. But if they are hitting you in the forehead, you're not trying hard enough. LOL :thumbs:

Back