The Running Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I've heard of Tough Mudder. I learned about it around the same time as I was doing Spartan races. I got immediately turned off from Tough Mudders though, when a friend did one and got electrocuted on his forehead and was knocked out for a few minutes. He came back to and finished the race (he's insane), but that was a major turn off!

Do Tough Mudders still do the dangling live electrical wires?

Also, on a more general note... To me, Tough Mudders seemed to be more about shocking your physical system and seeing how much it could take, whereas Spartan races seemed to be more about physical strength and endurance in terms of strength. The latter appealed to me much more!
I think that the electrocution part was for people who were Tough Mudder veterans only. It's pretty funny to watch specially since it's right next to the beer tent.

I think that the electrocution part was for people who were Tough Mudder veterans only. It's pretty funny to watch specially since it's right next to the beer tent.
Oh, that might be a change they made vs when the started these races. I'm thinking probably back in 2012, maybe 2013 is when my friend got electrocuted. I'm pretty sure it was the first one he did, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm mostly done with the obstacle races, at least for now. The only one I'd be tempted by is the Spartan Race they do in AT&T Park, which is just appealing because I'm pretty sure you get to run around the stands and that the obstacles are on the field.

Norovirus can happen anywhere.

Just wait until kids happen. They seem to just spread that stuff everywhere.

They had a “tough” mudder outbreak in France as well I think..

To me those  mudders are like every other fake experience people want to participate in, if you want to do a tough mudder join the military and do the race with a rifle slung across your back where if you fall off the rope pull at the end of a 2 hour long obstacle course you have to go back to the beginning and start over (No medals handed out)

Yes and GTF off my lawn!

To me those  mudders are like every other fake experience people want to participate in, if you want to do a tough mudder join the military and do the race with a rifle slung across your back where if you fall off the rope pull at the end of a 2 hour long obstacle course you have to go back to the beginning and start over (No medals handed out)

Yes and GTF off my lawn!

I wonder if they could do that scene in a movie today?

5b259276684581f129c085dd6ecded77.jpg

Yes and GTF off my lawn!
Not quite the same, but.... GoRucks!

Tentatively doing a Turkey Trot 5k this Thanksgiving, but waiting to see if our schedule will work with it.

If anyone cares... Registration for the Seawheeze (lululemon) half marathon is set to open January 25th. I'm gonna try to register for the first time, but it's reportedly very hard to get in. Seems like it's an awesome race, though!

Haha yep. Good thing I didn't buy any of those! I do like their running shorts (not spandex) and sports bras, though.

Back