The Pet Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the chickens always just go in their coup on their own without having to be pushed in? They’re just like “welp it’s getting dark out, better go inside and go to bed”?

Yeah, my brother-in-law's ducks do the same. There's a lot of scary things that come out at night that might try to eat them.

Happy Friday! Say hello to my sunbeam with a heartbeat:

52001761577_4c99ce510c_k.jpg

Send some love for the pups, please. Ursala has had some light morning vomiting the past few days that I suspect is reflux related for some reason, maybe the fact that I had to increase her incontinence meds due to leakage - but more worrisome is that my Dert boy has quickly developed a lump on his right front ankle that I fear is a sarcoma. Calling the vet at 8:30 to try to get him in for x-rays today, but I've been a nervous wreck all weekend.

Good news to report - x-rays negative for osteo and confirmed that the lump is soft tissue. They performed an FNA, initial views of the cells under microscope showed nothing suspicious. Official pathology results in a week or so, but right now, looks like just a benign lesion, so we can breathe a little easier now.

Good news to report - x-rays negative for osteo and confirmed that the lump is soft tissue. They performed an FNA, initial views of the cells under microscope showed nothing suspicious. Official pathology results in a week or so, but right now, looks like just a benign lesion, so we can breathe a little easier now.
Great news @Supe , will continue to send good vibes!

A1D5201C-B7D7-49D3-849E-269B3F92BA0A.jpeg
Vanderlyle had to go to the vet today to get his front left leg looked at. When we adopted him over 6 years ago that leg was broken. So he has always had a little hitch in his step, and we were warned he’d likely have arthritis. His hitch has progressively gotten worse the past couple months and now he won’t put weight on it much at all. Doc was concerned about osteosarcoma so took x-rays and thankfully ruled that out! But he also didn’t say arthritis looked bad 🤷‍♀️ We already give him carprofen when we go on walks, but now we gotta give him carprofen twice a day and vet said to take him back if it doesn’t get better. Kinda weird, but I’m so glad it’s nothing serious!!!

^That's still hard to handle when you just want the best for them. Hope it doesn't get any worse or at least stays manageable.

I'm so glad it wasn't the dreaded "O"! Just curious - have you inspected his pads closely? I know of several folks who thought something was massively wrong, only to overlook that a corn had formed in their grey's pad. For some reason, corns are incredibly common in greyhounds and are easily overlooked!

THIS stinker ran off on a long walk in the wild yesterday and came back skunked. She was so proud of herself... look at the way she is sitting, awe yes very distinguished. Here she is in lockdown, no idea that a triple hose bath is in her immediate future. Natures miracle skunk odor remover worked very well.
20220508_104846.jpg

Back