The Pet Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expensive day yesterday.  All three hounds at the vet.  Big managed to tear a quarter-sized hole in his chest and needed sedation and stitches.  Medium keeps licking his b-hole for some reason and ended up with a hot spot right at the base of the tail, so he got antiseptic, a cream, and an oral steroid.  Little was back in for more bloodwork due to loss of appetite that we're hoping/praying is a side effect of her incontinence medication, so we're having to stop the medication and see if her appetite picks up over the next few days.  Otherwise, it's probably something much worse 😢 

**** I dont even like to take one to the vet let alone 3!

We found a new vet that makes house calls - its been really nice.

Well, yesterday was the day that we've been dreading for a long time. Our little boy Porto crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday afternoon lying in his favorite spot in the backyard with mrs. ble and I holding on to him. Losing Porto has left a hole in our hearts and it is going to be so hard to get over. I know I've said it before, but he's been a part of our family since before we were officially a family and now we don't have him anymore. For the first time in almost 20 years I woke up this morning without a dog to feed or walk and I'm still in shock. Sometimes I wonder why we get pets when we know we're going to have to deal with letting them go like this, but then I remember all the good times that we had with him and the love that he gave us. Porto, thank you for giving us 16 amazing years buddy!

Porto 1.jpg

eZl7ZnoJT4KCSJQJoLFVbw_thumb_338b.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear, Ble, I really am.  I know what you're going through, and while it gets a little easier with time, I still cry every single day thinking about our Annie.  But you're absolutely right, think about all the good times they gave you, and think about the wonderful life you gave them.  

Zoomies, treats, and ear rubs forever and ever, Porto.  

I SAW THAT.  THE PEOPLE WHO USED TO WALK HIM WHO LIKED HIM AND I WAS LIKE "IF YOU LIKED HIM, WHY DIDN'T YOU WORK WITH HIM TO FIX SOME OF HIS WEIRDNESS"
Right?!

But in their defense, it would've been so hard for them to do that in the shelter environment. he's on 300mg of gaba, 150mg of trazodone, and we got him off of 80mg of clomicalm a couple of weeks ago. He is an anxious boi 

Back