The Pet Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much did you pay to "adopt" him?
About $200 to adopt. Then $1,600 to remove 18 rotten teeth. And about $200 more on deworming. We might not adopt a rescue for our next dog.

The intent of my link was to be sarcastic, like anyone really gives a shit where is a good place for a dog to live i.e. they are just dogs........
My comment was not addressed to you or anyone in particular except for the person at Trulia who wrote the article without considering all the facts.  You can't rate someplace the No. 1 place for pets to live if certain dog breeds are prohibited from living there.  

I think every town in the USA  except Oakland and maybe Chiraq has some type of rule about pitbulls..

My neighbor took a pic of these stray dogs yesterday that jumped her fence. Very athletic for strays, but they were very skiddish when we tried to catch them so they could live in our house and not have to roam the street looking for food :-(

1c0ec6238220a157c34f3a0e8b6500cb.jpg

so our dog has started, best I can describe it, is that she is "leaking"  everywhere she sits she leaves a small amount of that wonderful dog urine behind. Not intentional I think she is getting old (10 years) 

Were going to see the vet after the weekend but anyone have this happen before?  hoping there is some medication that can help? just a urinary tract infection or something?

so our dog has started, best I can describe it, is that she is "leaking"  everywhere she sits she leaves a small amount of that wonderful dog urine behind. Not intentional I think she is getting old (10 years) 

Were going to see the vet after the weekend but anyone have this happen before?  hoping there is some medication that can help? just a urinary tract infection or something?
Has she been drinking more than normal?

Our dog "drips" uncontrollably when we come home.  If you allow her to stop moving for a single second when coming in, she'll pull a pseudo-squat and mini pee.  She gets so excited for anyone coming in the door that, if you're not quick enough to take her to the backyard immediately upon coming in, you'll be breaking out the paper towels and Formula 409.  She's two.

its not due to excitement, it just seems every time she lays downs somewhere she leaves a quarter sized spot of piss... even when she is outside on the back deck.. wife bought some dog diapers but Jesus Christ is that a PIA..

About $200 to adopt. Then $1,600 to remove 18 rotten teeth. And about $200 more on deworming. We might not adopt a rescue for our next dog.
don't let the dollars dissuade you. rescue is always the way to go. poor things don't have any say. thanks for caring!! 

Of course one of my two dogs gets a stomach bug right as Mrs. Supe and Junior head to Vermont for their annual family reunion/summer vacation.  Poor girl is lethargic with bloody diarrhea (bright red, which happens from intestinal inflammation in greyhounds).  She's refusing to look at me, since she knows I snuck medicine into her food yesterday and cut her quantity way down this morning (I normally fast, but needed to trick her into having some water.)

Been lucky so far.  The gas today is horrendous, but she's perked up a bit since last night and I can't hear her stomach going haywire anymore.  Still going very light on food, just to help keep her hydrated.  She's not had another HSD since yesterday.  Gets really boring watching and waiting for a dog to take a dump.

Been lucky so far.  The gas today is horrendous, 
Are you still referring to the dog??? :dunno:

J/k, hope she gets better soon.

Last night, I noticed our oldest cat (~14 yrs I think), just kind of sitting looking pretty ratty, frail, and thin. Her back end seems to sway back and forth like she can't control it any longer. And almost to the point of failure where she can't even support her own weight so ends up sort of dragging the behind. Scheduled an immediate vet appointment for today. This was LadyFox's first cat she got when she moved to MKE from college. :(

Back