The Baking Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blood orange chocolate olive oil cake with blood orange citrus syrup:

AA1B4880-5117-4362-99FB-90962DF45A48.jpeg

I'm not normally a chocolate orange person, but this is freaking delicious.

Pictured on the edge are the cake baked as cupcakes, without the citrus syrup. Also quite yummy!

I baked this weekend!

7178BAE0-17CC-4527-9F24-CCA12BA4D7F9.jpeg

A silly sideways (how the HECK do I rotate photos on here when uploading and posting on my phone?? Using chrome browser...) Lemon yogurt cake that was fantastic with the accompanying lemon lime curd I made (curd is a lot of work but very worth it as it was so, so delicious).

I also made two loaves of sourdough bread... This is what they looked like before baking:

7D06450B-9357-4AA3-8B46-FB175D663446.jpeg

2C782C56-C03E-4A89-8D46-F079009C93D2.jpeg

I was very uninspired (well, rather I didn't have any specific ideas) when I was about to score them, but like the designs I came up with on the fly!

I texted my husband this picture yesterday...

E4E03746-C0DD-4716-8F57-46C6CD28F78C.jpeg

And that was before I made 3 dozen of the best chocolate cookies ever. Also, if you're wondering, the dough on the cutting boards is sourdough pizza dough a la Mr. Leggo (shaped by me).

I have Peter Reinharts super sprout bread rising rn (recipe on KAF). Had enough left of my sprouted wheat flour to make this which was the driving factor. I actually ended up throwing out about 1/3c of it since its all I had left. And I bought the 2lb bag in summer 2018. So yeah, we'll see how it tastes

We can't find flour (in stores or on line).  Well, except gluten free.

I want to bake, but I also know I shouldn't be bringing in communal food to the office.  If I bake it will be too much for me to eat.

Going to start looking into 'single or double portion bakes', which might be more interesting to test out flavors since a smaller amount will make a bigger difference.

you can also freeze things. Like cookie dough already scooped up. same with scones & certain biscuits. muffins & cupcakes freeze well too.

i just don't have room in my freezer. and made shepards pie & tomato soup... 

Back