The Baking Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can also freeze things. Like cookie dough already scooped up. same with scones & certain biscuits. muffins & cupcakes freeze well too.

i just don't have room in my freezer. and made shepards pie & tomato soup... 
I have no room in my freezer as well, due to chicken soup and Italian goulash making + a couple of corned beefs + bagels.

Might need to start eating all my frozen stuff.

I have no room in my freezer as well, due to chicken soup and Italian goulash making + a couple of corned beefs + bagels.

Might need to start eating all my frozen stuff.
I think we're gonna rotate that way a bit this weekend.

I needed a break from frozen veggies for a few days and that's what's taking up some of my freezer: family size bag of broccoli (because it's the only veg Boyfriend will reliably eat) 

I think we're gonna rotate that way a bit this weekend.

I needed a break from frozen veggies for a few days and that's what's taking up some of my freezer: family size bag of broccoli (because it's the only veg Boyfriend will reliably eat) 
I have a giant bag of Normandy vegetable mix from Costco that might get attacked this week for dinners.  Might make a huge tray to roast and pick at it.

I just hate having to meal prep/plan during this time.  Since so much stuff is made, I pretty much need to stick to it, but sometimes I really just want to have a single bowl of soup and that's it.  Uggggggh.

Blood orange chocolate olive oil cake with blood orange citrus syrup:

[Picture ommited to not spam forum]

I'm not normally a chocolate orange person, but this is freaking delicious.

Pictured on the edge are the cake baked as cupcakes, without the citrus syrup. Also quite yummy!
CHOCOLATE ORANGE, CHOCOLATE ORANGE!!! One of my favorite combos. 
Also Chocolate mint. But not chocolate mint orange. 

Maybe I should use quarantine to teach myself a few [more?] baking thingies. I wonder if I have everything I need... @JayKay PE made me want to make pancakes, to use the high quality Maine maple syrup my sister gave me for Xmas...

CHOCOLATE ORANGE, CHOCOLATE ORANGE!!! One of my favorite combos. 
Also Chocolate mint. But not chocolate mint orange. 

Maybe I should use quarantine to teach myself a few [more?] baking thingies. I wonder if I have everything I need... @JayKay PE made me want to make pancakes, to use the high quality Maine maple syrup my sister gave me for Xmas...
YOU SHOULD MAKE PANCAKES.  I'm not good at stovetop stuff (except for soups), and the recipe I followed was amazing: https://cafedelites.com/best-fluffy-pancakes/

And good quality maple syrup = one of the best things you can have.

I didn't bake at all this past weekend... I ran myself nearly completely out of my normal bread/whole wheat/all purpose flours with my last post in this thread. But I've since been able to restock bread and all purpose flour, with whole wheat and more bread flour expected at the end of this week.

I think I might make another einkorn bread, as I have more of that flour. I also have some spelt and some durum flours, but those need to be combined with flours with higher protein if I want to bake bread... So I shall be delving into my baking cookbooks for recipes! Or maybe make another cake that can use more flexible flours.

Looks like they’re fair trade, too? Nice!

Unfortunately shipping to my location is expensive...like, 2x the product price.
get the 25lb bag & it evens out?

I've gotten their small bags at the grocery store - they're newer and recently expanded their offerings in the southern Maine grocery stores. 

Mostly out of stock. They have GF bags, I wouldn’t be opposed to getting a couple of those.
Do you guys have stores like Christmas Tree Shops, Reny's, or Ocean State Job Lots?

Because often I find Bob's Red Mill at these stores for cheaper than the grocery store.

Chickpea flour dog treats from acozykitchen

Hot butter pretzels from KAF

Back of the bag oatmeal bread from KAF (recipe on my bag did not match the website)

Ive finished my bag of bread flour. Last weekend killed the sprouted wheat flour.

Ive also made the KAF no knead bread but used the random bag of Bobs Red Mill AP i have. It turned out lighter and softer than using KAF. 

20200329_150010.jpg

20200329_172742.jpg

20200329_113633.jpg

Back